Hockenson trade hate thread (magic beans slappies, gtfo)

How would you feel if they beat the bills with hock since it was close and hock is still a productive player.

I don’t think trading him is the reason the team has won 4-5

And $10 million wasted on iR hasn’t kept lions from going 4-5 either so

Let’s just hope lions keep winning and keeping good players and drafting more good players

Lions TEs caught 3 of 4 targets for 28 yards… which is not much different than the typical game for Hock.

And… that $10 million wasted???

It wasn’t on IR against the Bills… it scored a TD in the game.

Fail Fun And Games GIF

2 Likes

I think the Vikings GM is actually on Holmes’s payroll.
Is it an inside job with the Speilman brothers?

I’m not sure, but somehow the Vikings are colluding to help our organization!

1 Like

The what ifs

What if hock won the game because he was still
A lion a made the play ? Then the trade would look bad ?

The lions had $10m plus on IR and it hasn’t stopped them from going 4 of 5. Or inactive Romeo and brockers was more than $10 m that hasn’t played during win streak So I can easily see $10 m saved on hock not really being the reason why lions win or lose.

Lions are a good team … now …

One could argue they were good before but they were losing to good teams

So without hock
They might lose to the good teams worse

What if……

Hock could block well….
Hock could run well after the catch….
Hock didn’t want a $15+ million AAV contract…. and
getting better picks from a division rival not only helps the Lions… but hurts the Vikings.

10-2 lol

Who knows what’s gonna happen but the trade suggests minny is in it to win now

While some keep talking about the future picks and future money

I’m fine with the trade

I’m not fine with the rest of the Bs that paints hock like he’s a bad player when he’s not.

Also act like the lions need all these things to win
Ignores they’ve played the best teams tough and likely win these games with hock so when we go to ifs

I could make it sound like hock was valuable to these last wins

That happened with Romeo’s and brockers millions on the sideline

So the $10m brought up
Might not really be that key to winning

Although Charks$10m might be .500 when he actually plays ( what’s lions record in games Chark plays ?) maybe Chark is the $10m misting that would’ve meant wins.

Tbh it was an amazing trade. From everything I’ve heard:

1. hock wasn’t resigning.
  2. he is a good dude but his work ethic around the guys was poor. He had checked out.
  3. lions could have offered him 18 and he would have turned it down. He was not resigning. He had told teammates he wasn’t coming back. He wants to win. There is irony there.
  4. he didn’t get along w Goff. Didn’t like him. Goff didn’t like him. They weren’t fighting but they didn’t care for each other enough that it was obvious to everyone around. Hock was a stafford guy.
  5. so you flip a guy who was never staying and wasn’t buying in for a 2nd and a 3rd……sounds like a A+ move to me.
8 Likes
3 Likes

All this makes sense to trade him

Acting like trading him is why lions are now winning seems dubious.

1 Like

I have a bad feeling Hock is going for 100 yards and a TD this week… very hopeful to be wrong.

Can’t let Jefferson beat you, so he will get a ton of attention. Could leave Hock in some good matchups. Analzone better know Hock’s secrets!

1 Like

Where did you hear this? I don’t doubt that Hock wasn’t a MCDC kinda guy, you could sort of tell by watching their body languages. He wasn’t gritty I guess.

3 Likes

Mull It Over Long Hair GIF by DrSquatch

2 Likes

@BigNatty looks different these days!

100%. Also, we don’t need a tight end to be one of the highest paid player on our team.

1 Like

From 3 different places.

1. friends who are connected with the NFL and specifically the lions.
  2. Other lions outlets.
  3. a few plugged in media guys.
1 Like

that will both be a test of whether this was a good trade and a test of whether we are watching the same old lions.

1 Like

It is already a great trade.

3 Likes

Completely agree

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.