Hockenson trade hate thread (magic beans slappies, gtfo)

Did you watch the game?

He was wide open because Washington was focused on Jefferson and Thielen. On the flat route he caught… 3 defenders were preoccupied with Jefferson and ignored Hock.

IIRC… he had 1 contested catch.
kudos to McConnel for scheming him open.

He will continue to get a decent amount of catches if defenses continue to play zone and the LBs and slot DBs are careful to carry those WRs.

I don’t think they regret it at all.

I think the coaches were smart with their plan.
He can still fill a big role as a big radius catch guy…
and makes it harder for teams to double Jefferson all the time.

3 Likes

And, of course, you can tell us what the play call was, and, what Hocks assignment was in these stills?

Hock really had very little stability in Detroit yet it was expected he should be all these things

In minny he might be in a more stable situation or not depending how Kirk and minny do as schedule gets harder. If they collapse minny could be looking post cousins

I think games where we saw hock break those long plays could be more common in his game in that he almost had to over come lions being lions as a hindrance to a platform that featured competency around him

I know it’s a copycat league, but when Glenn does that and gets his DB Coach fired, don’t you think they’d NOT copy that???

It’s football… not neurosurgery.
The offensive line blocking gives away the play design on on on most plays.

play #1… run play… offensive line blocking shows it is an inside zone…. which means the perimeter players also need to block the defender that is closest to them. Hock’s responsibility was to pick up the blitzing CB. There was no other player close enough to handle that task. Plus… I even provided the screen shot showing that Hock even missed the block he attempted to make.

play #2… I already provided the info above.
The offensive line and KJ Osborn blocking show the EXACT design of the play. 100%… no mystery here. Hock was man up with a 265 pound DE and got ragdolled.

play #3… play action pass.
The fake to Cook is quick to the right… and he blocks the right edge.
Hock is lined up left… to protect against outside rushes.
The O line has the OTs on DEs… and the 3 interior Oline have the DTs.

It is as straightforward as it gets.

Hock took a step inside towards the DE…without recognizing the CB blitz… and he was barely able to get more than a fingertip on the CB that sacked Cousins. Hock was the ONLY player in that play lined up to cover that blitz.

I can’t believe this stupid thread hasn’t died

me either…“bump”

5 Likes

:pinched_fingers:

2 Likes

Why is this a stupid thread now?

1 Like

Minny got better in the passing game and worse in the running game by adding Hock. They decided they needed that passing game boost and were willing to sacrifice the running game.

They paid Cook a LOT of money recently and he’s under contract a few more years. I’m sure he wasn’t too happy with the Hock signing. Likely he would have preferred a better blocking TE.

LOL… that is hilarious!!!

The guy who started the thread is calling his own thread “stupid” because it didn’t go as planned.

1 Like

35 days later…. Lions have won 4 of 5 games… with the only loss to the Bills in last minute.

How we feel about this trade now???

And how about next year… when there are $9.4 million more in the piggybank???

4 Likes

How would you feel if they beat the bills with hock since it was close and hock is still a productive player.

I don’t think trading him is the reason the team has won 4-5

And $10 million wasted on iR hasn’t kept lions from going 4-5 either so

Let’s just hope lions keep winning and keeping good players and drafting more good players

Lions TEs caught 3 of 4 targets for 28 yards… which is not much different than the typical game for Hock.

And… that $10 million wasted???

It wasn’t on IR against the Bills… it scored a TD in the game.

Fail Fun And Games GIF

2 Likes

I think the Vikings GM is actually on Holmes’s payroll.
Is it an inside job with the Speilman brothers?

I’m not sure, but somehow the Vikings are colluding to help our organization!

1 Like

The what ifs

What if hock won the game because he was still
A lion a made the play ? Then the trade would look bad ?

The lions had $10m plus on IR and it hasn’t stopped them from going 4 of 5. Or inactive Romeo and brockers was more than $10 m that hasn’t played during win streak So I can easily see $10 m saved on hock not really being the reason why lions win or lose.

Lions are a good team … now …

One could argue they were good before but they were losing to good teams

So without hock
They might lose to the good teams worse

What if……

Hock could block well….
Hock could run well after the catch….
Hock didn’t want a $15+ million AAV contract…. and
getting better picks from a division rival not only helps the Lions… but hurts the Vikings.

10-2 lol

Who knows what’s gonna happen but the trade suggests minny is in it to win now

While some keep talking about the future picks and future money

I’m fine with the trade

I’m not fine with the rest of the Bs that paints hock like he’s a bad player when he’s not.

Also act like the lions need all these things to win
Ignores they’ve played the best teams tough and likely win these games with hock so when we go to ifs

I could make it sound like hock was valuable to these last wins

That happened with Romeo’s and brockers millions on the sideline

So the $10m brought up
Might not really be that key to winning

Although Charks$10m might be .500 when he actually plays ( what’s lions record in games Chark plays ?) maybe Chark is the $10m misting that would’ve meant wins.