Hockenson trade hate thread (magic beans slappies, gtfo)

Tbh it was an amazing trade. From everything I’ve heard:

1. hock wasn’t resigning.
  2. he is a good dude but his work ethic around the guys was poor. He had checked out.
  3. lions could have offered him 18 and he would have turned it down. He was not resigning. He had told teammates he wasn’t coming back. He wants to win. There is irony there.
  4. he didn’t get along w Goff. Didn’t like him. Goff didn’t like him. They weren’t fighting but they didn’t care for each other enough that it was obvious to everyone around. Hock was a stafford guy.
  5. so you flip a guy who was never staying and wasn’t buying in for a 2nd and a 3rd……sounds like a A+ move to me.
8 Likes
3 Likes

All this makes sense to trade him

Acting like trading him is why lions are now winning seems dubious.

1 Like

I have a bad feeling Hock is going for 100 yards and a TD this week… very hopeful to be wrong.

Can’t let Jefferson beat you, so he will get a ton of attention. Could leave Hock in some good matchups. Analzone better know Hock’s secrets!

1 Like

Where did you hear this? I don’t doubt that Hock wasn’t a MCDC kinda guy, you could sort of tell by watching their body languages. He wasn’t gritty I guess.

3 Likes

Mull It Over Long Hair GIF by DrSquatch

2 Likes

@BigNatty looks different these days!

100%. Also, we don’t need a tight end to be one of the highest paid player on our team.

1 Like

From 3 different places.

1. friends who are connected with the NFL and specifically the lions.
  2. Other lions outlets.
  3. a few plugged in media guys.
1 Like

that will both be a test of whether this was a good trade and a test of whether we are watching the same old lions.

1 Like

It is already a great trade.

3 Likes

Completely agree

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.