Holmes: Lions Will Have Kicker Competition

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/brad-holmes-lions-kicker-competition

1 Like

That makes sense.

Is there a kicker worth drafting late this year? Bring in one plus a UDFA and UFA for good measure.

Kicker should not be allowed to limit this team next season

Joshua Karty!

How long until we sign Riley Patterson for the competition … :wink:

2 Likes

Drafties
Harrison Mevis - Missouri
Will Reichard - Alabama
Joshua Karty - Stanford
Cam Little - Arkansas

All 7th round grades

He’s back with Jacksonville, but I’m sure they would be willing to trade him to us.

2 Likes

I really like the Alabama kicker.

2 Likes

I like Karty because not only is he basically automatic from inside 50 yards, but he also has a big leg (career long of 61). He’s also clutch af, nailed a 47 yarder to send their game against Colorado into OT as time expired, then nailed the game winner in OT.

You can see here how easily he sends a kickoff through the uprights. Dude has a huge leg.

3 Likes

85 yards is serious business. Imagine that in 14 indoor stadiums next year.

1 Like

Its a solid kicking class,

Alabama’s and Stanford’s kicker are great, and Mizzou’s kicker has the record for longest FG in SEC history with a game winning 61 yarder against Kansas state last year (I watched that game, that ending was insane, but both teams took dumb penalities)

1 Like

Yeah I came into the offseason thinking Mevis would be my top guy, but Karty has passed him due to his overall consistency. Mevis misses too many short kicks. Plus while I love that he’s the “thiccer kicker”, you have to wonder what kind of work ethic he has to be that size, or if that will even matter to Brad.

3 Likes

Wow. That’s impressive.

I’m thinking priority UDFA with a big signing bonus if needed, plus a stud kicker from the minor leagues (aka CFL or UFL).

Conditional 9th round pick in 2037 should do it.

Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.