Honeymoon for Ebron over?

Anybody catch Ebron “blocking” on that last INC pass before the FG at the half

They kept him in for protection and it was hilarious … there were 2 guys by him and he couldn’t decide who to block

So he blocked NIETHER and both were immediately in JB’s face forcing him to rush the throw :rofl:

2 Likes

Not a team player, never was.

May wanna keep it down though, or he’ll tell you to “drank bleach.” Ridiculous attitude

1 Like

Don’t know about that, but the worst TE performance I’ve ever seen has to be when ex-Lions TE David Sloan returned to Detroit for a game with the Saints. He literally dropped 5 passes during the game (which the Saints lost). I remember telling whoever I was with that he was the Lions MVP that day (for the first time).

1 Like

Even last year his drop rate (%) was not significantly different than the rest of his career- very slightly better.

He is what he is.

So glad we have Hock. Hopefully the concussion isn’t too serious.

1 Like

Ebron did beat the Chiefs and we didn’t. Hock also got hurt doing something really dumb.

The Colts can rest easy knowing that Ebron will never get hurt because he was trying too hard.

3 Likes

I recall NYL fan was an avid EE supporter. I don’t recall everything he said but he did say the Lions used him incorrectly and the Colts used him properly. Many of us tried explain why his numbers appeared better but really weren’t.

Look who really cares anyway? EE isn’t on our team. He benefitted from Luck. Who he claimed was the best QB he had ever played with. He’s always going to drop passes and take plays off. Indy fans will learn this over time.

Personally I wish EE the best of luck. I’m happy he’s no longer a Lion.

2 Likes

Hock did get hurt doing something dumb, but really there is just no comparison on who is a better TE.

Hock has immediately established himself as one of the most talented all around TE’s in the league.

Ebron is Ebron.

I just hope Hock’s silly jump from the last game doesn’t cost him and the Lions too severely. Concussions are scary, and can be serious.

2 Likes

1 catch for 8 yards on 4 targets “beat the Chiefs?”

5 Likes

Ebron did nothing that game except drop a pass beyond the 1st down maker and whiff on some blocks

His team beat the Chiefs but he contributed about as much as the girl handing out cups of gatoraid on the sideline

Maybe less

3 Likes

I know right LMAO

Don’t forget his drop of a sure first down and missed block when they kept him in for “protection”

Keeping Ebron in to block is probably the only dumb thing Riech did last night. “Ebron” and “Protection” are Oxymorons

1 Like

Ebron beat the Chiefs kind of like Jamal Agnew beat the Cardinals. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

:crazy_face: LOL Yup

I’m right there with you. Since he left I’ve thought about him only when threads like this come up. I don’t miss him and wish the guy the best. Think Patriots fans obsess over players that have been gone for two years? It seems like a losing team fan base mentality.

1 Like

Yes, even Patriots fans do this. We are not unique.

I’m just glad we finally have enough talent that our former players are playing with other teams so much more often. For so many years we had a roster full of players who couldn’t make another NFL teams roster, even at 26, 27, 28 years old. Now we have guys who are not only making rosters, they are starters.

No, he did not. Terrible argument here.

1 Like

Yes, Ebron’s 4 targets and 1 catch for 8 yards was huge for their win.

2 Likes