Hooker struggles in OTA

I talked with someone who was down at the coaches show this past coaches show down in Nashville: he talked with a coach on the Tennessee staff and said Hooker will be a career back up in the NFL

Take it for what it is worth.

2 Likes

All 3rd round picks suck. We get it.

3 Likes

Well I guess since he didn’t shine in his first OTAs he should probably just hang them up.

14 Likes

So Hooker sucks… practice will help.

Happy John Candy GIF by Laff

10 Likes

Part of me thinking is that Brad is a genius….

Why?

Maybe, just maybe, he evaluated HH as a strong reliable backup only…. And was able to hand pick and groom our back up WB as the team sees fit…. And if he excels, so be it

7 Likes

Hooker sucks at camp

Much better name for thread

9 Likes

I think with his age and experience level playing in a 1 read offense in college. Coming off an ACL. He was never going to be more then bridge starter in the NFL.

4 Likes

No matter how good or bad HH turns out to be he is going to have a difficult time getting a shot to be a starter.

The Lions feel he has starter potential and that’s what you’re looking for in a backup.

Carton Davis is going to surprise a lot of Lions fans. I think he’s going to be far better than most expect him to be. He could be our best CB this year.

8 Likes

Hooker struggles with accuracy his first ota coming off acl and we are talking like he should be replaced by sudfeld… can we just

7 Likes

So what?

It’s the first day.

4 Likes

Of course he struggled. The offense he played in at Tennessee was great for putting up huge numbers, but in no way does that system help prepare a QB for the NFL.

This was always going to be a process for Hooker. He has talent, but it will take time.

6 Likes

Might take him a minute to get his groove. This is a non story IMO

3 Likes

Hooker looks to turn a corner.

7 Likes

I expect when preseason is upon us, he’ll be throwing dimes all over the place.

1 Like

Some people confuse me. I feel like a lot of you want HH to suck. There was/is this Goff vs HH thing going on. Goff is here long term with a massive deal, and he got himself a no trade clause. I just hope he performs to that level. But shouldn’t we want HH to be great? Shouldn’t we want this Heisman front runner who doesn’t just have a great arm, but can run. Like he has all the tools. Teams passed on him mainly because of injury. We all know he probably would have been a 1st round pick. Don’t we want him to be amazing? Don’t we want all the 3rd round picks (or any pick in any round) to be amazing? Weird.

6 Likes

Detroit Lions Football GIF by SportsManias

2 Likes

You pay a Hooker good money and you totally expect them to suck. What’s wrong with that?

8 Likes

You are just a ray of sunshine around here!

I wasn’t Hooker’s biggest fan pre-draft, but ONE practice, in May, is not enough to make any sort of judgment.

5 Likes

Goff’s the QB. How did he look?

3 Likes

I have a question for you guys, and i’m genuinely curious for your honest answers.

Why draft HH? We saw the video were BH had his eye on him in the 2nd round. That’s high. Even 3rd round is high. If Goff is your guy, then why? I think that’s too high to draft a back-up QB. Plus, Goff is very durable. Not to mention HH is a project. If Goff got hurt, HH probably isn’t the back-up.

The only thing that makes sense to me is HH was going to take over in a year or two. But now that Goff helped this team win a division, and go to the NFCCG that plan is scrapped. HH is going to be like 30 years old by the time Goff’s contract is up.