Hopkins to KC

Maybe Zdarius Smjth is up. Next

So, the Chiefs said…

We don’t want to give up high picks. Also, we want YOU to eat a bunch of his salary. AND we want a player who has been in the pro bowl.

And the Titans said YES.

Man, I need to get the Titans GM into my business arena. He had a team that was clearly DESPERATE at WR, and gave them everything they wanted in exchange for a 5th rounder? Not exactly ‘expert level’ negotiations there…

This is another reason why the Chiefs have been very good over the past several seasons, and the Titans have not. Even if Hopkins isn’t the same player he was, he is a clear upgrade for the Chiefs at a very low cost. Sigh.

1 Like

The important part is that it’s a name I recognize. Don’t you know that’s the key to shrewd trade and free agency moves?

3 Likes

Titans seem like a team that will sign DPJ from us lol

Getting cap relief by trading Hopkins is probably worth more to the Titans than the draft pick itself. I’ll bet they plan to make it rain in free agency to get some help for Levis.

patience my man, patience!

What if Holmes doesn’t make a move in the next 2 weeks?

How will people feel about that?

its not about what we fans think, its about us real fans trusting Brad/Dan in continuing to build us a yearly SB contender.
In Brad/Dan I trust in building this team for long sustained success.

2 Likes

Has anyone ever contemplated what the roster would look like had Brad Holmes made every trade suggested on this board?

1 Like

differently.
brad’s not going to blink now.

Windows open and close faster than you think.

We have an aging Oline where everyone beside Swell might need to be replaced in the next 2-3 seasons. But people don’t get that.

1 Like

So your suggestion is to put the team in a position where they can’t replace them?

I get wanting a Super Bowl. Hell we want that, but shouldn’t we also want sustained success? There is no guarantee if they go all in that they win a Super Bowl this year. However, if they can build something sustainable they increase their odds that they will eventually break through and win one.

1 Like

Holmes making a deal bro

This article was published at 6:00 a.m.

Apparently, someone didn’t check the news this morning…

1 Like

Interesting how many WR trade candidates there are.

2 Likes

It shows the position is actually wildly overrated, and suggests that if you’re patient you can get decent talent for a song (cough Tim Patrick cough).

Once again, Holmes made the right move, simply by not overreacting (like certain fans) to the departure of Josh Reynolds.

5 Likes

Does this help us with the Z. Smith price? Titans took in half the salary and got a conditional 5th (that maxes out as a 4th). That would seem to set the ceiling. The problem remains that the same offer from the Chargers is simply better for the Browns.

Post of the day @jane_doe

Stupid Brad Holmes. This is why he’s known only as a great director of college scouting, can’t make that move to put his team over the top while other REAL GMs do.

2 Likes

Not only that, they have this gem.

Atlanta Falcons: Dennis Gardeck, EDGE, Cardinals

The Falcons got Matthew Judon, but they still aren’t generating enough of a pass rush to make QBs uncomfortable. Gardeck can provide some instant production.

Uh… guys? Maybe try watching football every now and then. From Monday night…

Cardinals coach Jonathan Gannon confirmed that edge rusher Dennis Gardeck tore his anterior cruciate ligament in Monday night’s win over the Chargers. Gardeck will head to season-ending injured reserve.

I really don’t feel like Atlanta would be getting good value here.

6 Likes