How about that Fox guy?

What a money punter who throws darts out there. Campbell takes a lot of shit for some of his calls but you got to give the guy props. He’s making football exciting again and doing it with the two with team. Great call there DC and even better execution by Jack in the Fox.

6 Likes

Really? This surprises you? You need to PM @BigNatty for the lowdown on Chuck Fox.

2 Likes

I didn’t get to watch the game yesterday because I was at work. I did get to listen to it on the radio. I was so pumped when they faked it and Fox threw another completion. I bet the game day thread went wild.

1 Like

I am not trying to overstate this play call and the ability Fox showed, but it really adds another wrinkle to this team. The fact that Fox threw a good pass for most QBs and that he played in high school shows that he can be dangerous with fake punts. Sure that might only happen a couple times a season, but teams are going to have to game plan for that and if they don’t we may be able to pick up an extra possession every now and then. If they do game plan for it then that means they are not as aggressive in their rush or they have to play more aggressive on the gunner which will allow them to get down the field faster. That may give Fox a little more time to properly set up for punts which will increase his distance and/or hang time. Should also improve his net if the gunners can get down the field quicker as well which can lead to big hits on the PR or muffs. Is only a slight advantage, but an advantage nonetheless.

I know that may sound a little over the top, but when you can put stuff like this on film coaches then know they have to gameplan for it. Same thing with the surprise onside kicks. The front line guys can’t always bail out so quick which gives them slightly less time to set up for their blocks which in return should result in better kick coverage.

6 Likes

Something that the NFL hasn’t seen in awhile is a fake field goal attempt since it became vogue to have the Punter as the holder instead of the backup QB (Something I was always against even though the Lions started that trend with Jim Arnold). Can’t help but wonder if we have a guy in Fox who can make a team pay that way. :thinking:

Fox is a stud on Special Teams. Probably the best signing of the Quinntricia debacle.

3 Likes

I think it is a nice advantage as well… and is valued in the NFL to have a punter that can throw.

The Rams pay Hecker good money because of his throwing ability… and even kept him over Bojorquez despite the fact Bojorquez led the NFL in punting in 2020… and was even valuable enough that he got them a magic bean from the Packers.

1 Like

Honestly that never dawned on me ether. Campbell kicking the FG instead of going for the TD to tie the game at the end would have been the perfect situation for it.

2 Likes

Agreed. If Riley Patterson proves to be the guy, we could have one of the better ST units in the league. I think Patterson has proven to be very reliable inside 50 so far as most of his makes have been right down the middle, but he has yet to be tested from deep.

1 Like

I’m telling you, man. It’s more than just that. Fox hasn’t even shown off his wheels yet. The pass he made yesterday was on point, but nowhere near as difficult as the last one he threw.

We are getting this on tape. People will have to game plan for it. People will know he can pass. They’ll recognize it’s a fake, start dropping back in coverage and that handsome mother fucker will take off. He can run better than anyone would expect.

Wait for the hi light where the punter sprints up the sideline for a 35 yard gain. I’m telling you…this is coming too.

4 Likes

Guarantee it

Fox creates big plays on both sides of the ball.

Positioning the defense.
Keeping the offense alive.

His impact on games isVery underrated

I was screaming at the TV “fake it”.

Told my brother it was coming

I have always told people we should have a backup QB as a holder. Now we have something better…a starting QB that is mobile, and nobody sees him coming.

They have yet to expose the entirety of the power of a fully operational Death Star

2 years from now, when we are in the NFC Conference Championship game, and Fox takes off for a 35 yard run …I want you guys to remember this post.

Shake’n’Bake!!

3 Likes

One of my favorite posts of the year.

And you really have to appreciate it because Fox isn’t even bald, so you know @BigNatty is saying something special here …

4 Likes

Yet! Im holding out hope on that. :muscle::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

My family is amazed, because before the play, I said this is going to be a fake punt. Then right before Amon-Ra’s TD, I said, watch #14 its coming his way.
It evened out later in the day, because I said that WFT has Dallas’ number.

2 Likes

oh geez, just read the thread, I guess I wasn’t the only one who saw it coming. and the disgusted look on Dan’s face after the false start gave it away. you have to know dan. i guess me and @BigNatty have dan figured out.

2 Likes