How About This Guy For CB Coach?

How about bringing Dre Bly back? He should be able to help these guys turn their heads around.

4 Likes

I think we should bring Tony Oden back. He was pretty good for us and great with the Jets.

4 Likes

Bly was one of my favorites all time, if he can coach would love him back

3 Likes

Bly’s coaching strategy, jump routes and go for the interception every single time.

Loved the guy, but he did get cooked a lot on double moves.

4 Likes

Is he a culture fit?
He’s an ex-Lion, which is nice.
Sounds like he got canned, though. It happens to the best of them, but, it is a red flag.

1 Like

Love me some Bly. I used to have his jersey too.

2 Likes

I used to be known as “blyfan” previously. I was a huge fan of Dre’s.

3 Likes

He got fired as a legacy from a college team, yeah that’s a pass for me. His strength was recruiting? NFL isn’t really a recruiting based league other than FA’s & UDFA’s (which area scouts largely handle)

1 Like

1 Like

absolutely hate him

he went to the media to throw joey under the bus

even though it was true that joey sucked, you don’t do that to a teammate

■■■■ that guy

3 Likes

Calvin mentioned being willing to come back to help the DB’s and WR’s… he wants to come back. Pay the man.

1 Like

So he couldn’t coach the DBs at NC and got fired, so let’s bring him here at the NFL level because…….he’s a former Lion?

No thanks.

2 Likes

Never happen. It sucks, but, he’s a PR nightmare.
The NFL can’t allow a “grower” to be actively in it’s ranks when they consider weed a banned substance.

1 Like

You’re probably right. Pretty sad, meanwhile they pump the players full of hardcore pain meds to get them on the field every week, but pot will get you suspended.

1 Like

As a recovering opioid addict (9 years clean), I completely agree. I had no intention of playing with pain killers. They were prescribed, and I was desperate.

1 Like