How about those punched out football TOs?

Those were fun to watch. Hope that continues.

3 Likes

Never saw so many in one game it was surreal. Coleman looked great today. There was even a Flowers sighting.

2 Likes

LOVED it
Rock’em Sock’em Football!!

1 Like

Coleman is a star or damn close to it

2 Likes

Coleman is looking like a great Quinn FA pickup :+1:

3 Likes

Oh, so you guys want punch memes? Ya shoulda just said so!

The Lions MVP:

7 Likes

Aye! That one was the best! LOL

1 Like

It was awesome to see. I remember Tillman used to be so good at that for the Bears. He was a scary player to play against.

Lions need to keep doing that. Like others have said Coleman is playing tremendous. I don’t believe that it’s easy to just “flip the switch” and crank it up when the real games roll around, but that’s what Coleman did. He looked like a UDFA in pre season, now he looks like a stud.

3 Likes

Another quality take

1 Like

Good coaching is what I make of it.

Pretty sure they practice this religiously

3 Likes

Yeah but I’d like too more of that
I’ve never seen so much of it in one game

This post makes me so happy. Well done.

1 Like

You can tell that they’ve worked on that specifically. This team looks a lot like the Chicago Bears historically have in that manner the way they were creating the turnovers

1 Like

Agnew’s on the return was pretty sweet. Glad to see him redeem himself in spades. Excited to see KJ do the same when he runs all over Green Bay.

3 Likes

Wish Golladay would have done it in the end zone, but he thought the play was dead.
As a Lion he has always seen them blown dead.
Lesson learned I hope.

2 Likes

This is the first thing I noticed since the first game and I think this was a huge part of the Lions game plan.

It’s hard to stop the KC offense and make them go 3 and out. You better be able to force turnovers to get the ball back to the offense.

Trey Flowers, Jamal Agnew, and Justin Coleman each with a forced fumble. If the Lions can keep this up for the rest of the season, they will make the playoffs.

I’ve always hated the way a play like that is handled. To me if its a play where the guy appears to be down and then damn near every single player on the field reacts like he was down and stops playing…the play should be blown dead. And the reason is because at that point, its a safety issue. That guy is free to run around on that play, because of no whistle. But had Golladay absolutely cleaned his clock, it would have been an unnecessary roughness penalty…guaranteed. And in my opinion you open up the idea that even if the whistle appears to be blown, and a guy gets up and runs with the ball, you should be able to clean his clock too. The stakes are just too damn high to allow a situation where guys can score easy touchdowns, but you know damn well you wouldn’t allow him to get blasted.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree!

1 Like

Very good points wes.

great players and coaches know that being the best is about honoring the details. regardless of whether one, two or both take that responsibility, it’s a difference maker.

if you’re a running back or receiver you need to practice your blocking and be a willing blocker at all times. if you’re a QB you need to sell the handoff fake every time and yet few do it though i swear i’ve seen rogers do it a lot and yet stafford has stood out to me in that it’s not part of his game (though what opponent ever thinks the lions can actually run the ball since ages :wink: ).

when you have multiple players on D knocking out balls over the first 4 games of the season that means there’s a concerted effort to practice it. attention to this particular detail is 100% why we were undefeated going into game 4 and almost won four. without those plays, we don’t have those wins.

if the lions can apply this attention to detail to some other aspects of their game, they’ll still have something to do come january.