How bout this crazy 3-round mock from our very own Kent Lee Platte

Didn’t realize he was doing work for PFN now, good for him.

He’s got a ton of trades and a lot of names in different spots. I actually prefer this sort of mock as opposed to all the chalk ones out there.

I’ll summarize for the Lions:

trade down from 6 to 9 and grabbed Gonzalez.

Jalin Hyatt at 18.

Trade up to take Hendon Hooker at 37.

Chris Smith, S, Georgia at 47

Noah Sewell at 55.

Trade up to Carolina for 61, draft Zach Evans

Another trade up with Carolina (I think, kinda hard to tell) to take Darius Rush at 93.

Kent got wild with it!

3 Likes

Nah. I’m doing nothing whatsoever that will help Carolina in ANY way.

Wendy Williams Im Petty GIF

5 Likes

Me either, but maybe we screwed them over in the trade? I can’t figure out the details but someone we have their 61st and 93rd pick and they only get out 81st. That seems like a big win for us lol

Ftp!
My first thought was, 'how much did two trade ups cost us?
But yeah, FTP!

55 or round 5!?

2 Likes

The latter would make a lot more sense to me.

2 Likes

I think it’s funny that the eagles trade up for Robinson, they must have read the post about position value and some saying they wiñ that game if Bijan was on there roster. Lol

It would be funny if that really happened, but I can pretty much guarantee Howie won’t do it, at least based on his draft history. He a RBs-are-low-value guy.

But Kent’s just messing around IMO, trying to float new ideas. Some of them are really interesting.

Maybe true , but it was like they were reading the Den. Lol

Or maybe they thought if they had a better RB they wouldn’t have to relie on Hurts to lead the team in rushing.

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

I’d love to see a trade down and select Gonzalez or Witherspoon at 9. I like Chris Smith but not that high, Rush would be a good pick at 93. Give me Gibbs and Henley instead of Evans and Sewell and throw in a RG instead of Smith and I’d be ok with it.

1 Like

Yes, I don’t think there’s any way we draft Penei’s lil’ bro.

1 Like

Noah should add 30lbs and become a 3T. Seriously. Dude is a specimen but plays a style of a position that’s mostly extinct.

1 Like

Interesting… I wonder how long his arms are.

I don’t know. I do know that he’s gotten up close to 270 at times while at Oregon. I remember listening to Mario the Spring after his Freshman year talk about how diligent he has to be to stay at “LB weight”.

I think he could “wear 285-290” and have it be all good weight.

1 Like

That would be an interesting experiment. Given the strength in those Sewell boys I think he’d have a good chance to make it work.

They traded up to 6 from 9. So we give them their QB1 of the future as well. Probably trade was something like 6 and 81 for 9, 61 and 93. Which is good value but FTP at this point, dont want to help them win! And Id rather have Charbonnet or Tank than Evans at that spot…

1 Like

Interesting.

I’d be happy with Gonzalez in a trade down.

Hyatt to replace Chark wouldn’t be terrible.

Chris Smith I can get behind.

Sewell would help bolster our LBer Corp.

Zach Evans at 61 would be spectacular…. Love it!

Miles Sanders is no slouch… he has averaged 5.0 ypc in his career!
and… he had over 1200 yards last year.

1 Like

Our staff would probably have him slim down immediately, just like they did with Tavai.

Gonzales is the guy I want most in the draft so works for me.

1 Like