How Crucial Is Fast Start for Lions?

Very Crucial! Play the starters more in pre-season, it seems to work well for the Chiefs.

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/how-crucial-is-fast-start-for-detroit-lions

2 Likes

The only reason I see any type of small “thing” here is Jamo’s absence.
I think they are young.
I think they get better as the season wears on…just like any young team would.
I think they play better the 2nd half of the season.
…buuuuut…
I think they play well early on as well.

My biggest concern by a mile is Ragnow’s foot.
This team is gonna kick plenty of ass.

This week I bet a guy $100 that the lions would win 11 or more.
My interpretation was like he said, “hey, bro…can I give you $100 in week 15 of the season?”
I was like, “Suuuuuure, brother! Thank you!”

Book it!

1 Like

I think it’s very important to get a win against Kansas City right off the jump, the next few teams won’t be as tough, if The Chiefs beat us it might discourage the team…

1 Like

This is the least discourageable team I have seen in a loooooong time

Relentless batch of ass whoopers

4 Likes

That’s more of an outlier game for me
But I think it’s important for lions to not fall deep in a hole by losing winnable games early in the season.

1 Like

We’ve got 2 sets of joint practices. We are let likely to see much if any of the starters in the game that week.

2 Likes

ok…but

Season 23 Winner GIF by The Bachelor

2 Likes

Critical because they are going to be the shakiest on offense early with rookies and no Jamo and Jones still learning the scheme. There are 4 winnable games while Jamo is out, but the first 2 they could lose, and probably will lose one. @KC, vs SEA.

4 very winnable after that, then road Ravens and home Raiders, then bye week.

Need to be 6-2 there.5-3 very worst case.

2 Likes

Crucial seems like a strong word here.

We certainly cannot stumble out of the gates like last year. But if we are 4-4 (hoping for better) in our first eight games, I am not going to be freaking out unless there are severe injuries to our leaders.

1 Like

Looks like Dan is on it! First step to solving a problem, and all that.

I realize you don’t get to be an NFL head coach without a very sizable self image, but Dan legit seems to have a distinctly healthy ego when it comes to problem solving. Can you imagine Patty answering the same question?

1 Like

“Do, or do not. There is no try” - Yoda

Smart little fucker.

2 Likes

You Must Star Wars GIF by Regal

1 Like

you have no idea what might happen this season, and I wouldn’t call the team “a relentless bunch of ass whoopers.” until or unless we beat the first 5 or 6 games.

To each his own, my brother.

1 Like

If we don’t beat the Chiefs we need to make it close. You don’t want to lose momentum to start the season.

1 Like

I don’t know what you mean by fast start. They need to consistently win if they are going to win the division and go to the playoffs.

1 Like

Going back to the original question about the importance of a fast start, I think it’s extremely important. We have won 1 game total in September in 2021 and 2022 combined. Sure we finished strong in 2022, which was great, but we dug such a huge hole early that we still couldn’t overcome it to make the playoffs.

1 Like

We need to win at least 2 September games this year, ideally 3+. 4-0 and there won’t be any room on the bandwagon.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.