How does the NCAA create parity among the big programs in football?

Maybe a Friday vs. Monday thing?

The lower ratings are for the championship game itself, so Mondays although I don’t know how long these games have been on Mondays, at least last five iirc.
Last years game had a 25.4m viewers vs the 18 from Monday’s game.

The semi finals, Friday’s games, actually had slight increases.

The ratings haven’t been below 25m since the CFB playoffs started all played on a Monday, which was in 2014.

Maybe Alabama fatigue has finally set in?

Yeah, most definitely, but you can’t target Alabama if you’re the NCAA because it’s your bastion of domination and a hall of fame storyline, so they need to maneuver some new competition for them. In a different state without NFL competition, like Oregon, Nebraska, etc.

agree, probably some OSU and Clemson fatigue as well.

Probably one of the better discussions I’ve seen on this board, so thank you guys.

There’s a lot of kids that play college football and I’d just like to see the kids that don’t go to these top 4-5 teams to still have a chance of winning a National Championship. And secondly, as a fan, I’d like to watch other teams than the same 4-5 teams play in the playoffs and National Championship games.

I know that schools like Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio State are cash-cows for their conferences…but I don’t think money is an issue if you put-out a better product. The money is going to come-in whether it’s through Alabama or some other team in the SEC. Same goes for Ohio State and the Big Ten, the same money will come-in for the Big 10 whether it’s through OSU or someone like Iowa.