How Jahmyr Gibbs Can Improve in 2024

1 Like

It will be tough to beat RCMC.
2000+ yards and 20+ tds total
But at least to be top 5?
~1500 yards and 10+ TDs? Yea thats VERY possible.

If he is just 5% more efficient per carry and per catch. And gets 10% more targets. And plays all 17 games.

He could EASILY hit well over 1000 yards rushing and 500 yards receiving. And 15 TDs.

Those arnt crazy increases especially when he started the year slow. That would put him in the elite, pro bowl/ All pro category

2 Likes

Individual numbers are interesting, but the overall effect of Gibbs improving in 2024 is more about making the offense hum even better than in 2023.

So, when Gibbs lines up in the slot, you can have ARSB and Jamo outside, Sam at TE and even Monty in the backfield (would love to see this grouping).

I mean, that’s a helluva problem for a DC. You’ve got to respect Monty, but at the same time three receivers who are each very tough to cover 1 on 1 and can threaten all three levels on a given play.

3 Likes

Work on his hands non stop…

football wtf GIF by Sethward

1 Like

I was pounding the table a lot last season about getting Gibbs and Monty on the field together. Didn’t happen much. I think we could get very creative with that. Gibbs in motion, Gibbs in the slot, screens to Gibbs… meanwhile we can still run it down your throat with Monty. :laughing:

Obviously not all the time… but I like 2 rb sets.

2 Likes

Yep, but if Gibbs truly develops his route running chops, he’s not just one half of a two -back set. That’s the beauty of it.

1 Like

Exactly… I like the idea of starting him in the backfield and then when Goff gets under center Gibbs motions to a new spot. Puts pressure on defenses to cover him in space. If they try to cover Gibbs with a linebacker that should be a mismatch all day.

Just scratching the surface of what Gibbs is capable of.

3 Likes

Hulk Hogan Freedom GIF

I don’t think we need to be any kind of a rush to push Gibbs. I’d be happy if both Gibbs and Montgomery got 200+ carries this season.

The 3 longest runs of the season WEREN’T by Gibbs. (75 Monty, 42 Monty, 42 Jamo).

Just keep mixing it up so the defense has no idea what’s coming. Ben Johnson has plenty of race horses in the barn and they all need to get some work in.

1 Like

Not sure what more he can improve on, he’s electric.
I am not a math guy but I have a feeling if you take his numbers from last year and add more carries/catches that Dmont had- it’s probably a pretty goddamn good season.
Gibbs is special and will continue to be special.

2 Likes

I want to see us align in a flex bone/modified run and shoot on occasion. Slots (some combination of St., Vaki, Gibbs, heck even Jamo or Sam) in super tight. Monty as a single back would be a menace in the A and B gaps given all the indecision caused by the pre and post snap misdirection and pitch threats. Out breakers become easier throws for Jared.

Miami does some of this but usually target the perimeter whereas I’m thinking we’d utilize it to brutalize them inside the hashes. Then if defenses counter by going big we’d have massive advantages in the pass game.

I’m not suggesting it be a primary focus of the offense but I think it could be a deadly wrinkle.

4 Likes

I didn’t read the article, but I’d say:

1. Limit the drops - cut his drop rate in half.
  2. Improve route running precision.
  3. Expand route tree. (3 depends on 2).
  4. Improve patience on cuts (although that can be a double edged sword with his speed)
1 Like

…and don’t fumble in the nfc championship game

:muscle::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ouch Natty…

Shooting Shots Fired GIF by Call of Duty

1 Like

I HATED saying it.

Haaaaated it.

1 Like