How Jim Schwartz and the Browns tore Kyle Shanahan's 49ers offense apart

Is the 49ers offense really the 49ers offense w/o McCaffrey and Samuel?

The Lions are still the Lions. Because they’re hands-down the better team, but as much as I appreciate Schwartz’s defensive strategery, he lucked-the-■■■■-out with this one.

4 Likes

Even if defense is good,
Schwartz beat Niners through missed kicks

Otherwise it would’ve just been an ugly win for Niners.

2 Likes

The only Lionized ex-coach that gets a second chance.

1 Like

Beyond that, he inherited a really talented group of defensive players from the prior DC.

1 Like

The difference is the Lions have a bunch of role players but no real superstars. When our role players go down others step up.

All of this.

And Purdy did not deal with the conditions well at all. A little rain and a breeze, and he was off most of the game.

Browns have a solid defense for sure, but there were a bunch of contributing factors.

Step one, get away with blatant hands to the face penalties… (See pic from the article).

Schwartz cut 'em to pieces with his hard as a diamond nipples (which I remember seeing way too much when he was w/Detroit).

I don’t think he did himself favors with owners by getting carried off the field like fords did him dirty. They paid him like an elite head coach which would come with successful expectations.

He’s got HC experience , he’s had repeated success as a DC yet … I’m not sure if he’s even interviewed for any HC gigs … it might’ve been pretty messy behind the scenes when he was HC

Mike Trico said Cleveland gets the win with an asterisk.

Was that asterisk “wide and to the right”?

He did get a ring with Philly as a DC.

1 Like

I know it won’t ever happen but I’d love to bring him here as DC if AG gets a HC position this offseason.

Noooooo!!! lol

Yea. His resume is strong but it seems like his head coach interviews have been lean.

I heard on the Grosi podcast that Scwartz is something like 12-1 vs shanahan

Last year the 49ers went from 19th on expected points added prior to CMC to 1st after.

I didn’t realize there were so many closet 49er fans on this board. Good to know.