How many nationally televised games do you think the Lions will have?

Sometimes easier said than done depending on who you live with or who your neighbors are. Spolier alert…spoilet alert. I used to work with a guy who would ruin Lions games on multiple occasions. Drove me crazy. I wanted to strangle him. I’d record them and plan to watch them after work… but the fucker would always say something. If it wasn’t for the assault charge I would have smacked him around big time

NBC loves us. We delivered an epic game for their Sunday Night Football season finale when we put the Packers out of the playoffs in 2022. We were rewarded with them requesting/accepting us as the opponent for the Chiefs in their Thursday opening game. We delivered again. They requested/ended up with the Rams wildcard playoff game, and we delivered again. The following week they requested/ended up with the Bucs vs Lions playoff game, and we delivered AGAIN! The following week only Fox and CBS broadcast the games, so NBC didn’t have rights to a game. BUT, we played the 49ers in the Sunday Night window that NBC owns for the regular season. We delivered AGAIN, with one of the most watched non-Super Bowls of all time.

I say all that to say that I think NBC is going to try to get us on Sunday Night Football, and I also think they are going to make a push for it to be against the 49ers. It might even be the opener, although NBC seems to want the Cowboys every year in that slot. I have learned to look at the Tigers scheduled home games to get a hint on when we might be on the road or play in a different timeslot. Last year the first Sunday of the season was September 10th. The Tigers had a home game that day, and we played on the road on the 7th against the Chiefs. The following Sunday was the 17th and we played at home vs Seattle. The Tigers were on the road. The same situation existed the following week against the Falcons. The Lions played at home on the 24th and the Tigers were on the road. However, the next Sunday conflict was October 1st. The Tigers were scheduled to play a home game, and we ended up going on the road to play the Packers on Thursday Night Football.

This year the conflict weekends are September 15th and September 29th. That is week 2 and week 4. So we will most likely be on the road those 2 weeks. That also gives us a chance to face the 49ers one of those weeks. I also think it means we are going to open at home this year.

2 Likes

Funny thing is that I record all games

But multiple issues

• I am a psychopath and must be real time
  • how can I come into Den game day chat and bitch and complain real time
  • ironically I have actually went into blackout mode so I could watch and catch up at half time

But I just prefer later games. My favorite game of the week is Sunday Night.

Rams on Thanksgiving
SF on SNF
GB on TNF
Texans 430 national game
Dallas SNF
Bills MNF
GB late season Saturday night game

7 national games with 5 prime time.

3 Likes

Step 1 is admitting you have a problem.

Im Proud Of You Weird Al GIF by The Roku Channel

2 Likes

Guessing 4 with the Bears being one of them!

Tsk tsk tsk I see at least 3 more games on national TV than all of you.

Think:

At least one packer gaame, probably both.
Dallas game
Rams game
Niner game
Bills game
Maybe the tampa rematch?

5-7 is my guess.

SF rematch and Dallas sound like they have to be prime time. but both could be 4:25 national. And last year the NFL surprised many with how juicy they made some of those 4:25 national matchups.

If we win SB, we would have definitely earned it. Can’t wait

I’m with air…plus
First round bye and three playoff games

1 Like

That is very true…wasnt the tampa game last year in that slot? I could see tampa again being in that slot, where its not a “primetime game” per sey but it is lol. Seems like a forgone conclusion dallas and niners will be a primetime.

General statement:

Consistent 1pm games are for shitty teams… so please don’t actively root for us to always play at 1pm. I know it may he convenient for you but that means you are rooting againt the team to be a consistent winner.

We need to break the SOLF toxic psychology - and that includes wanting 1pm games every sunday. That is loser mentality.

Prime time is for winners. Root for the Lions to be Winners.

Well, you better go tell Dan Campbell to not want all 1pm games as he is part of the SOLF toxic psychology.

1 Like

Too many. I hate working early exhausted :weary:

I’m guessing two Sunday night, two Monday night, and a Thanksgiving Day.

Awesome Will Ferrell GIF

3 Likes

The correct answer.

2 Likes

I could see Minnesota AT Detroit being a nationally televised game or at least a 430 Game of the week

JJ McCarthy coming back to Michigan and getting SACKED by Hutch.

Incorrect…the Lions will dominate the regular season so much the NFC teams will forfeit and we go directly to the super bowl. So only 1 playoff win next year :laughing: