How many penalties did we have, the refs nailed us with a lot of them

why, were they legit calls or phantom ones? seemed they wanted to help The Bears win, I don’t know how we got penalized THAT much in one game…never had it before?

I know after the back to back to back holding calls I was getting a little miffed at the refs. At that point you have to start wondering if they were using their “discretion” to stall out the drive.

As has been stated multiple times on this board, you could probably call holding on every play.

2 Likes

Yep. When refs start stacking (some questionable) penalties on the same drive, especially with this team, you might as well just punt on second down.

1 Like

I though Jonah Jackson should have been called for holding on the first TD…

1 Like

That’s actually not a bad idea. It’s what is going to happen anyways and a safe way to protest the calls.

Well they had no effect on the false starts, how many of those did we have?
Too many and that is on the OL

Hock seems to be getting one of these a game.

It was an unreal amount of false starts. That’s pathetic given it was a home game. That speaks to poor coaching.

1 Like

That was probably a good no-call but it wouldn’t have surprised me had they called it either.

Goff: “Holding is a subjective call, we were getting them at a frequency I’ve never been a part of.”

Welcome to Detroit son.

4 Likes

No it doesn’t reflect poor coaching. These players have played since pop warner in most cases and false starts are just a lack of concentration or Goff is screwing up the cadence in the snap

1 Like

The Lions had 10-67 yrds Bears had 5-50. We had twice as many penalties but they only totaled 17 more yards.

We’ve been penalized more in a game. Heck one of MP’s games last year had more if I recall.

This happens when the coaching doesn’t have guys prepared. Sure some of it falls on the players but a lot of this falls on coaching and getting guys mentally prepared for the game. The worst coached teams always seem to be the most penalized.

Too many men on the field, and back to back time out penalties are just inexcusable.

Holding I tend to give a pass on unless it’s excessive every week.

Did I get banned Bro?

Hope not…

LOVE YOU GUYS!

Animated GIF
g)

false starts…4-6 x .