How Many QBs Will Be Picked Before Our Pick At #29OA?

I’m torn because I want the lions to continue adding talent to help us next season, but if jj McCarthy is sitting there………I wouldn’t be upset taking McCarthy and sitting him behind Goff for 2 or 3 seasons. He’s a high upside quarterback that should have stayed at Michigan for another year. He’s still a bit of a project but I’d be excited to see his development being in the same room with Goff and Johnson. His play style also kind of reminds me of brunell.

I do think JJ is a better fit than HH to continue the offense that Detroit currently runs.

OK, so you snag JJ wherever. What do you do with HH? Keep him for a year and see who rises to the top? Trade him immediately for a late 2nd round pick or the equivalent this year? It all seems awkward and disruptive. Do we extend Goff in training camp or push that decision down the road?

I don’t want to draft JJ, if he is there in the third, even then not really, more pressing areas for Detroit.
Simply a comment that i believe he would transition better to the offense Detroit runs than HH does.

1 Like

Ok, there is some definite Mich bias coming through on the JJ talk here. He’s gunna be a very good qb but if you want him its in the first, won’t make it to end of second. That is not the need for this team. We were just in a Div championship game for gosh sakes. Let’s come back to reality.

2 Likes

I think the only thing HH has that is close to Goff is his age.

2 Likes

Exactly. Just like last year when it made COMPLETE sense to draft a RB, TE, LB, S and QB with the top 4 picks. I’m going to guess that NOBODY predicted that, not even close. So, yeah, a QB in the 1st rd, makes perfect sense or not.

1 Like

5 QBs.
Williams, Maye, Daniels, Nix, Penix,

6 OT
Atl, Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham, Mims, Morgan,

2 Slot WR
Nabers, McConkey,

1 TE
Bowers.

Thats 14 players at positions the lions dont need.

So if Brad has a top 10 list. His guy will likely be available at 29

I don’t think anyone will be trading for Hooker when there are 6 quarterbacks in this draft with a first round grade, plus entrenched starters with massive egos to be appeased.

Hookers already 26 and hasn’t even thrown a pass yet in the nfl. Not sure how much value he would be worth with that age to experience ratio. I doubt JJ gets out of the 1st round and definitely won’t last to the 3rd or even our 2nd for that matter. We’ll just have to get old man hooker up to speed fast in case Goff goes down.

1 Like

^#*¥ing Seahawks

1 Like

Spoon’s rise really gives you an idea of what AG wants and needs for his secondary. They did not make it secret who they coveted last offseason from a corner perspective. AG’s defense can and will succeed.

1 Like

I loved Witherspoon as well and he was my pick at 6 more often than not. With that said, I wouldn’t change a thing.

If we take Witherspoon, then that means we likely would’ve used our 2nd 2nd rounder to trade up for Gibbs. That means we would have missed out on LaPorta for sure, and maybe even Branch since we would have already grabbed a DB.

Even so, give me Campbell/LaPorta over Witherspoon.

1 Like

If Witherspoon is the type of CB that Glenn is searching for, one name to keep an eye on is Jarvis Brownlee, CB, Louisville. The Florida State transfer really made a name for himself at Senior Bowl practices and has put himself on the radar in a stacked CB class.

2 Likes

That was then, this is now.

I guessed 6 back in February and it was more of a hope than conviction at the time. Who knows what’s true 2 days before the draft? But it’s looking more and more like it might could. :grin: :grin: :grin:

What do you think?

On the back QB thingie

It’s fluid imho ….

He is old enough to wonder about when he will actually start from a team.

I see him getting lots of tape this preseason…. For possible trade potential

If someone was desperate enough to offer us a first, late round for next season maybe you take….

If at 29, the best player is a WB then what do they do

It will be fun to watch as I have no clue

I got 5. I nixed Nix.

1 Like

Agree with you, 5; nix the Nix.

Everyone’s locked in then. If someone trades up to Lions at #29 and takes a QB–like Florio’s crazy trade with the Raiders–that’s a half QB for accounting purposes. So I can argue too… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I think we may get to 6 as well if the Giants go QB. Otherwise I think it’s likely 5.