How old were your kids when you first took them to a nfl game?

How old were your kids when you first took them to an nfl game?

11, I think. If we weren’t 2 hours away, I’d have started him earlier and avoided this Eagles bullshit.

4 Likes

My girls (4 of them) had no interest in football and never wanted to go to the game with me. I would ask and get the “do we have to” from them. Well here is hoping that my grandchildren will want to go to the game with “Paw Paw” as they get older.

Im trying to figure out if 6 would be too young. I think it would be but my significant other says otherwise.

1 Like

Took my 16 year old daughter to a Michigan game, Redwings game & Lions game on the same weekend (live in Grand Rapids). Got up early on Saturday, UofM noon, Redwings that night, stayed in Detroit, Lions on Sunday and then home.

2 Likes

I took my son when he was 9 . It was the Lions vs Cowboys playoff game . He cried for months . He is still devastated. Only way to break in your kid into being a lions fan .

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s too young. I didn’t take any of my kids to a game until they were closer to 12, but I think 6 would still be OK.

NASCAR is another thing. I took my oldest boy when he was near 5. THAT was too young. I think I burned him out on NASCAR right there on the spot, LOL. All that Bill Elliot and McDonald’s love he had watching on TV was gone with the heat, sweat, crowd and noise!

2 Likes

I think 6 is fine for a football game but you will need to divert their attention when Swaggy starts doing hip thrusts. That’s too much for a 6 year old to see!

2 Likes

I took my 5 and 7 year old to the steeler lions preseason game. The 5 year old is a daddy’s boy and always asks “what color are we daddy?” When I’m watching football on tv. The 7 year old isn’t into sports yet. I’m thinking of taking them to a lions home game next year….personally I think they are a tad young for the experience but they were super excited about it this summer leading up to it. The actual game was a little more then they could grasp and they got bored but I don’t regret it….

When I was 6 I remember going to games w my grandpa and my dad……some of my best memories.

1 Like

It becomes a rite of passage for the youth in your family.
…For your 13th birthday, you get to go to a Lions game with Paw paw.
Something they will love & look forward to (fingers crossed)

That is my hope, though that still leaves a few years for the oldest (8). Of course by then they will be thinking the Lions have always been a winning organization and will not have any of the bad memories that we all share.

1 Like

Never had kids, but I loved my first time. It was Bears/Lions 1989.

I went to the game a Mike Singletary fan.

But Barry went off for his first 100 yard game. I was a diehard Lions fan by thanksgiving.

2 Likes

I went when I was six. We lived about 15 minutes away from the Silverdome and my dad would take me to a few games a year.

Never NFL, But we saw the Wings, Pistons & UM B’Ball.

1 Like

Yep, same my dad used to take me to see Barry in the early 90’s. I was 8 or 9 my first game. Thinking back that may have been more a curse than a blessing. haha how could a young pre teen brain not be a Lions fan after watching Barry live.

1 Like

Does the family fun day count …dont judge got a lot of kids …lol 11 12 16 16 and 17 …good luck baby was in the belly so he was negative 3 months

Yeah. Wow those post-Barry years. Wow.

Sigmund Freud GIF by Instituto GAIO

1 Like

14, 7, 5.
The Fraudkings at Ford Field. Harrington was QB. He was sick and tossing his cookies. Best game he ever played. We lost by 1 on a last second FG miss. Mulbach flubbed the snap.

I was at that game… that one was tough. Drove the length of the field to tie it. We lost 28-27 I believe. Should have went to OT. Randy Moss had like a 90 yard TD my memory says

1 Like

hate to say it but id wait til they were about 10, but then again my dad scored season tickets during the harrington era and it was pretty rough but not as bad as the silverdome games.

i went to the philly game up in 218 and witnessed 2 fights, one of the dudes got cold cocked and went limp into the seats in front of us…

leaving the stadium i got stuck in that street brawl but at least my buddy made the news by dancing

i could just always be in the wrong place at the wrong time :melting_face:

1 Like