How Sean McVay and the Rams have changed their run game for the better

1 Like

Good article and I think Campbell addresses an issue that has been consistant in the losses.
Defenders trying to do too much, or, sticking to the scheme/plan on defense.
From the article:

“I know for us, the challenge with it is really not what it does to you defensively from a schematic standpoint, it’s more about the eye-candy of it. If you’ll just stay true to your rules and understand who’s got that motion, who’s got this turbo motion, and play your rules and don’t let those things – don’t start chasing the butterflies. Man, just, you stay focused on your responsibilities, your keys and don’t – because one step the wrong way with that motion and all of a sudden, we lose a support player and that’s where they get you because this back is patience and when he sees it, he’s able to make the cut.”

1 Like

This is why we drafted Jack Campbell who has been coming on. He has to be disciplined with all of the pre snap motion but in terms of a MIKE with the agility and size to deal with all of that beef there are few better equipped. He may not quite be there yet but it’s coming IMO.

It is funny but defense scheme and the importance of gap responsibility reminds me of the Spartans and their shield placement from the movie 300.

Let’s face it I think about the Roman Empire at least once per day :thinking:

2 Likes

Starring Sean McVay as Jerkxes.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.