How to beat the NFL summer doldrums - or Top Ten Challenge

So I have heard the gnashing of teeth due to the NFL summer doldrums. No news! Nothing to talk about. What can we do to keep our minds football sharp. So here is a challenge. Come up with a topic and make a top 10 list we can all enjoy. I will start. Here is my top 10 ways to beat the NFL summer football doldrums as a lions fan. Feel free to add to it:

Top 10 ways to spend the NFL summer doldrums as a Detroit Lions Fan

1 – See how many times you can go through a Wendy’s drive-through naked before getting arrested.

2 – Make a list of 1000 reasons NOT to be a Lions fan – make a second list with no duplicates – then a third …

3 – Make a list of 10 reasons to BE a lions fan – this will be much more challenging. If you are not done before the season starts just pick back up next off-season.

4 – Put on your best lions jersey, go to the local mall and randomly start biting peoples kneecaps. You will either be an overnight internet sensation or be sent to a mental hospital. Either way, you will be ready for Dan Campbells training camp press conferences.

5 – You and your buddies dress up like NFL referees. Make a list of different ways you can screw the lions out of winning a game. Send the list to NFL league headquarters. Two weeks later get check in mail!

6 – Put on a sports cup. Have your wife, friend, stranger, etc. kick you in the family jewels once for every game the lions have lost to fluke play calling, penalties, non-penalties or last minute record setting field goals. You will probably be recovered in time for the season. NOTE: you may have start on the PUP list.

7 - Go through the forum archives and find 1 post by JRlions saying something negative about Stafford. BEWARE: This will be as difficult as the Lions winning a playoff game.

8 – Watch highlight film of Barry and Fox – pick your favorite player. Natty picks Fox, for the rest of us it’s a toss-up. ADDENDUM: If Barry publicly shaves his head it becomes a toss-up for Natty.

9 – Go golfing with Jon – learn everything there is to know about Lions past, present and future.

10 – Have sex for every lions playoff win over the last 20 years – Or become a Eunuch – either way you get the same action!

3 Likes
  1. I like it when my team goes to the championship game (I know because of the Pistons), and I b believe this team is headed there.
  2. Best Coach in the NFL
  3. Great FO situation that will be sustained over time
  4. JACK FOX
  5. Great ownership (thankfully it changed)
  6. Culture is awesome and I love the way the team “brings it” energetically. I love that our team will basically be picking a fist fight every Sunday.
  7. Williams is going to shred the NFCN apart, and we will overtake the Packers soon
  8. Love the rest of the coaches, and how they develop talent to keep our window of opportunity more sustainable
  9. The general philosophy of the team, and that they are developing the trenches first. Sewell and the boys. Soon, Hutch and the boys.
  10. Brad Holmes is the single most handsome GM in the history of the NFL. Devastatingly attractive to the point that other GMs get distracted and trade extra capital away, just so they can spend time on the phone with him and immerse in his greatness…albeit temporary.

LOVE our team!

2 Likes

Natty - you did this so quick you are going to be bored for another 6 weeks. Or you could try #6 just keep things interesting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I could create subpoints into points…and make a list of 100 reasons to love the Lions

1 Like

How many shaved heads on the lions roster. 1 reason for each bald head!

1 Like

It’s the only area of the team where I am not even close to happy about it.

2 Likes

You should apply for a position coach job. Teach the players proper hair removal techniques and how it can improve their game.

100% honesty → I would be super-good for the organization and it would show up in the guys.

1 Like

No doubt

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.