Hutch highest-graded 1st round rookie this weekend

Dudes got a serious lower body already. He’s got me pretty excited about how good he can be.

Speaking of Suh…He’s still a FA. We could really use him to beef up that interior DL. OLs don’t move him much. And, he can rush the passer…A lil bit. But not like he used to.

2 Likes

Given he went No 2 overall for a reason, is that really a surprise?

I’d love to see it.

2 Likes

I’d advise you to shield your eyes from the 2nd round selections.
Too early to judge of course but the early returns on Levi and Paschal are discouraging and it has little to do with their football ability.

With that said. Yeah, Aidan is nice.

1 Like

The curse of the 2nd rounders continues!

It’s amazing, isn’t it?
It’s trending to right up there with the “Lions one playoff win in 65 years now? years” curse. The majority of these 2nd rounders can hardly get on the field even.

2 Likes

Please baby Jesus protect Swift and let him reverse the curse!

1 Like

@BigNatty

1 Like

Hutchinson has some of the best hands for a DE I’ve seen. Combine that with the way he’s able to shift his body and it’s just deadly. He lives in the backfield. His ceiling is higher than the Bosa’s IMO.

4 Likes

Really good one. :wink:
LOL. Yuuuup!

The Office Thats GIF

W O W
So fun, if this works out to be true.

I suspect Hutch’s rookie year will look a lot like Suh’s- Flashes of brilliance mixed with harsh lessons about playing contain and not taking himself out of the action. Running teams feasted on Suh’s aggressiveness with draws and delayed handoffs, but he also got a lot of sacks and TFLs when he read the play correctly. Part of Hutch’s maturation will be learning when to go balls out versus when to hold his gap or the edge.

4 Likes

He is at least on the same level as the Bosa’s. I thought that pre-draft. I was a little surprised Hutchinson wasn’t as high with other people. I thought maybe I was missing something :smiling_imp:

I think Hutch is more technical than the Bosa’s coming out FOR SURE.

3 Likes

NFL Total Access had a segment on Hutch last night, high HIGH praise and outlook for him.
Here’s hoping they are right.

2 Likes

I’m starting to get excited.
We got the best Defensive player out of last year’s draft
AND
We got the best Offensive player out of last year’s draft

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

1 Like

Not to mention the best offensive player the year before in Penei and a bonus with the Sun God.

2 Likes

Word. I can see both sides of this. I think Paschal ends the “curse” of the 2nd round, personally.

1 Like

Hutch rouses memories of Al Bubba Baker.

Throwback Thursday: Al ‘Bubba’ Baker highlights (detroitlions.com)

https://www.detroitlions.com/video/throwback-thursday-al-bubba-baker-highlights-18988206

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.