Hypothetical Draft…

The one someone posted of the lions taking Carson strong at 1 overall last year made me laugh… dude went from 1 overall to undrafted…

ferris buellers day off movie quotes GIF

2 Likes

1st down 4 man front- Hutch Alim Brockers ROkwara, at least at the start of the season
passing down 4 man- Hutch Levi Paschal ROkwara, with JOkwara in at LB
Short Yardage 4 man Hutch Brockers Penisini Paschal, probably see one more DLin there toio, maybe Levi

If Barnes gets to where we can trust him covering, running 4-2-5 with him and JOkwara on passing downs is nice.

3 Likes

Hey, that’s the Sausage King of Chicago!

5 Likes

sing ferris bueller GIF by Hollywood Suite

2 Likes

QBHater99, Oh course I am speculating, the exact same thing you are doing with N. Dean. Show me where they have said they don’t value the LB position. We didn’t have a pick in the area when Dean was selected, so there is really no way to know what our thoughts were on him.

He fits the mold with the other players we have taken. Love the game, highly productive, team captain, multiple schemes, ect.

Also, you are wrong about Rodriquez size, they are exactly the same (zero speculation)

I’m actually not speculating at all. I’m the guy who said Malik Willis had a 3rd round grade in January and never waivered from that assertion based off what my buddies in the league were telling me.

Another thing, stop twisting my words. If you can’t quote me correctly and then base your response of that misrepresented quote then don’t bother responding. I said they don’t value LB’s the same way others apparently do. That’s a huge difference from saying they don’t value LB’s. I have also said at least up till present and this is coming from KELVIN Shepard they view DL and secondary as more important focuses for day 1 and 2 selections. Get a guy w great traits in day 3 and coach em up and hope for a diamond.

I’m getting my information directly from People in Allen park. I actually know for a fact Dean was never in play. Sure a lot of you guys threw the name around but he isn’t a scheme fit at all. You can sit here and say he is 225 same weight at MR but that doesn’t make it so. He has a different body type then MR and he actually played at 217 last year, what??? You never heard of people fudging the measurements of their guys? Kevin Durant is really 6’11. There is real concern about dens not being able to put on the weight necessary to play LB. There is also the concern regarding his soft tissue injuries. If I’m wrong why did a “first round lb” slip like he did? Why did so many teams pass on him?

The talk was out there. Some of it is out in the media and twitterverse and some of it is behind the scenes. But Dean was never in play. MR has a different body type and he is a 3rd day pick. He has history playing Safety and has amazing instincts…there is speculation he might be able to add another 10 pounds and he might play safety……or he might just always be a special teams ace. Lot to be determined.

And it’s QBHATER90.

FYI: NFL.cOm has him listed at 232. Again…say all you want they played at the same weight and were the same size wise but they weren’t not even close. Not every 225 person Is built or Is able to carry the weight the same way. MR has more going for him in the perspective.

So, you know for a fact that Dean was not in play?!?
Wow, I didn’t know we had posters that know folks within Allen Park that get inside information…If that is the case, I will stop any sort of speculating and listen to all your info.

Yes.

Let’s pretend for a second that I don’t know anyone. You didn’t know that Dean played at 217 last year and there are concerns about his weight and injury history and that is basic information that was even talked about on NFL Network. You are basing your speculation on what? That MCDC and Holmes like football players as you said? That really narrows it down. So at the end of the day what your basing your speculation on is a gut feeling yet you have no connection at all to the team, have never talked to anyone associated w the team but your convinced Dean was in play bc they like football players. And apparently you can’t decipher gm speak. And your citing a source that isn’t well respected here (trust me I know) or really even in the business…Eric is respected and well liked…not anyone else from POD.

This has been interesting.

QBHater90, you are one salty person. Brad Holmes literally just said this at his press conference. I will plan to move on from this topic. I don’t care if he weighs 229 or 224 or 220, the guy can play. He was Butkus award winner, 1st Team All-American, and dominated in the SEC (wouldn’t his weight issues have shown up) playing in that conference?

Like I said, it would have been interesting to see if we would have taken him if we didn’t lose our 3rd rounder. He fits exactly what the Lions are looking for in their first two years of selecting players. Sorry you feel and (KNOW) differently.

Any other tidbits of info coming from within Allen Park, would love to hear it all, don’t hold back from your fellow Lions fans. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.