Hypothetical trade

What if the Bears trade the #1 pick for Justin Herbert? I could see it honestly. Harbaugh wants the team built his way. It would be very interesting and out of nowhere. I am taking the proven and young Herbert over Caleb Williams if the Bears had the option. I know Herbert is really good but stranger things have happened.

How does Hebert not fit Harbaugh’s way?

1 Like

Hypothetical sir. What if?
Maybe he wants to pick his own QB

What if Harbaugh wants to go back to UM?

3 Likes

there is no reality where Harbaugh takes Williams over Herbert. Herbert is exactly what Harbaugh wants, someone statuesque to hand the ball off and have big arm. He doesn’t want drama or risk at QB.

1 Like

posted this in another thread…

the Chargers can’t trade Herbert… to any team.

They can’t absorb the dead cap hit.

1 Like

I think he did that when he took the job.

2 Likes

It kind of reminds me of when Pete Carrol first took the Seahawks job and was supposed to draft all those USC players. Jim, like Pete, will do what’s best for the Chargers.

2 Likes

Jimbo thinks JJ is amazing. So maybe he should. Then lions fans become charger fans

That’s an interesting thought experiment. There are apparently salary cap impediments, which could in theory be pushed forward and recouped in later years with a rookie QB contract. If Caleb is special beyond his nail polish–not that there’s anything wrong with that–and achieves elite Mahomes-like levels of play, it would be worth it.

Now I’m going back to my #249 dilemmas…

Ok.

This is becoming your obsession

And you guys eat it up like its turkey dinner. Oh and people already said they root for jj and jimbo, i just made it easier for you guys to eat at the table

I don’t like turkey.

Maybe vegan burger then.

You either have a quarterback or you’re looking for one. Harbs has one.
If they offered and the bears declined that would confirm my suspicion that the bears are dumb.

1 Like

Nailed it

While I try to never root against a player unless they are directly against my squad, I will have zero issue hoping that the Chargers implode like the Jags did under Urban. Unfortunately Hairball would likely never do any of the scumbags things Urban did. Hairball is insane and crazy but seems to actually be a fairly moral reasonable human.

At the end of the day, I will be a bit surprised if he does not do quite well. I do think that he kind of screwed up by going to the AFC. He now has to go through his brother to get into the SB and such. But outside of that he should be just fine.

I do have to question the purging it took to get that teams cap right. They may have put themselves in cap jail and make it almost impossible to get very good unless they absolutely murder the draft the next 3 years.

1 Like

Chargers trade up to 3 and snipe Harrison in front of the Cardinals…Now THAT would be funny

1 Like

And honestly would make a ton of sense. Herbert needs some WRs now. And they need some ballers right now. While I do think Harrison is the best, the next 4-5 guys are very good also. Oduze is a freak also. I really like Coleman and he will be a guy who falls out of the 1st due to the depth of the WR draft. So no need to get panicked. You can get a really solid pro likely through the second round. I would like to see the Lions move up a bit in the second to snag one of these top 10 guys whom I think will fall a bit. Go DE/OL with 29 or even CB/S with 29 but then do some moving and shaking to grab a solid WR prospect.

1 Like