I am all in on a WR on Day 2

Personally, I think all 32 teams know each other’s rosters pretty well. There is no doubt in all the league that the Lions need starting-caliber WR and OL depth. Brad is a sitting duck when it comes to picking the WR. He’s going to have to move up to avoid being sniped, especially if he’s eye-balling Coleman.

Jim Carrey Vomit GIF

1 Like

make love humping GIF

I am kind of OK if they sell out here to get JPJ. But I think it would take future picks to get it done.

I feel like they must bring in a player that can replace Ragnow. And I 100% do not think he will play more than 14 games next season. He has been trending in the wrong direction.
And maybe they can fill that need through FA. But again I feel like FA WR are much easier to find than Centers.

Seems both Dane and DJ think Franklin is more of a 3rd. If so I’d love that.

Feels to me like Buffalo is about to WR twice in round 2.

Agree with you a 100%, from a number of targets available per game for the Lions not sure how much there is available before adding anyone.

Ironically…. JPJ may be falling due to concern about his ability to stay on the field in the future….

2 Likes

Interesting…which this sounds like a Brad special…he drops to the 3rd round and brad trades his 1st born to go snag him…LOL.

He loves him some bruise produce. I bet that guys shops at the seconds fruit market.

I wouldn’t be unhappy with a WR, but I’d rather go OL or DL and let Holmes work his magic with a later round WR…

1 Like

I am thinking we are going to trade future assets to get back into 2nd or 3rd tonight. I am assuming we will walk away with WR and DE.

Expecting OL help later.

I think this pick is going to be offense…

Either WR or Oline makes a lot of sense. But knowing Holmes he will probably throw us a curveball.

Ha, I do the opposite. Go WR and let Holmes work his magic with later round iOL and DL.

1 Like

Agreed. We don’t need a day 1 starter at interior OLine. Let Holmes find a guy later with some traits and a good work ethic and let him learn from the vets.

People on here are quick to discount Sorsdal as well. They really liked him last year and its not like he was awful during his limited playing time. Definitely has a lot of improving to do, but he could certainly be in the mix to start in 2025.

2 Likes

yup - grew nicely - filled in at multiple positions as a rook

1 EDGE
2 WR (A big 6’+ WR)
3 S
4 DT
5 OL

After that you’re drafting bench warmers. Which are alway nice to have. Especially with injuries but not in the 2nd round.

I wonder how bad Newton’s foot is. If he somehow slides all the way through the round Brad might take the injury gamble.

I wonder what they think of Sorsdal?

1. Future Starter
  2. Could start with more reps and time
  3. Whoops

If they think he is far away, they may take a higher draft round OL hoping for someone more ready. If they think he is close, they likely take another project in the 5-6 round they can develop for the future.

Starting receiver
Backup OT
Backup G/C
Backup Edge
Backup Safety
Linebacker competition for Special Teams

I’d rather see dl, but won’t hate wr

I hope he does if Newton somehow falls all the way to us. Apparently it’s a foot injury that spooks FOs for potentially affecting the athleticism of big guys? I think Charlie said something like that.

1 Like