I am all in on a WR on Day 2

The two positions with the most snaps available going into the draft was CB and WR, IMO. Let’s grab another player who we know will get snaps and contribute this season.

I know we need long term depth in the OLine, but we can grab a veteran backup in FA. I would love to see us land McConkey or Franklin today, that would make this draft for me.

4 Likes

Agree. I would like to see them target a WR in round 2.

1 Like

WR or EDGE/DL for me personally

Charlie and Walter both think we go Keon Coleman at 61 if hes there, I think we do need an outside WR still

I could also see a trade back but imo its one of the two at 61

1 Like

College Football Reaction GIF by SEC Network

2 Likes

I’d be pretty surprised to not see a trade back, but you never know. And there are enough FA WR out there left still that if the Lions don’t draft one, I’m not losing sleep over it.

They expect Jamo to make a jump. They have ARSB and LaPorta as the primary receiving targets and Gibbs is going to get a healthy amount of looks as well.

2 Likes

Zeitler is no spring chicken neither is Glasgow. Our OL is what makes this team what it is. Keep it going. get a G/C with our second round pick. Get some experience while we have Ragnow, Zeitler and Glasgow to mentor them.

3 Likes

Definitely OG/CE for me with R2 pick. Get a good interior prospect to learn from Fraley and vets Ragnow, Zeitler and Glasgow for a year.

I trade up to get “their guy” with next years 3RP and #61.

4 Likes

I expect a small bump up (like in the 1st) for a WR. Talent and opportunity kind of dictate it, but at the same time my eyes are wide open for any other player the team adds. It’s a good pick, our 2nd rounder, but right on the fringe of another talent drop-off if we use Brugler’s numbers (IIRC). Eager to see what they turn it into.

No 'Bama guy available?

Nailed it, bro!

There is, but we don’t want him.

He’s probably not even on our board.

Dewayne Carter after trade down to 3, adding a 4th- depth and Alim insurance.

4th- Beaux Limmer, Bortolini, Zinter
5th- C Wallace, I Adams, etc

Fix long term OL depth and possible future starters, fix DL-

Add a flamethrower and WR in 6?

Sign Justin Simmons

I’d be fine with that. I’m usually loath to use future draft capital, but trading one of our 4th round picks in 2025 today or tomorrow won’t send me piss me off too much, though you never know. The draft and emotional restraint don’t mix well.

Interior OLine is one of the easiest plug and play positions there is in the NFL. Even if we lost both Ragnow and Zietler next off-season, I’d have confidence is this front office to find legit replacements for both in one off-season.

I also think Ragnow retiring has been overblown and he will at least finish out his contract (through 2026).

Who is to say Zietler doesn’t come back for another year as well?

We definitely need depth, but I never saw it as a must in this draft.

I could see them trading back, grabbing an extra 4th and then packaging that 4th and a 4th in 2025 (preferably our own, rather keep Phillys) to move back into the 3rd.

2 Likes

While I think we prioritize not just nabbing 'replacements," I think there’s likely some truth to this post too. On one hand, we want dominant guys, not replacement…on the other hand, only Brad and Dan have access to info about how long these cats plan to play/could play. We’re just speculating…they are not.

2 Likes

Decker isn’t sure to be back either, so you want to take 4/5th of the best oline in football and replace it potentially in a single off-season? O-lines need to gel. Not to mention if Ben Johnson goes, Hank Fraley goes. Get a good interior prospect in the helm with SRP and under the learning tree.

1 Like

While I think this is true, I would try to find a way to hedge against it. Fraley is massively important and undervalued here. Would love to keep him if Johnson leaves.

After trading Diggs and losing Gabe Davis in free agency, Buffalo could take the first two off the board at the beginning of Rd 2:

Round 2 NFL Mock Draft

Chris Trapasso, CBS Sports: WR Ladd McConkey, No. 33 overall pick to Buffalo

Trapasso writes: “After two trade backs to get totally out of Round 1… the Bills go with a player mocked to them frequently at No. 28. Instant, versatile boost to the offense with Ladd McConkey.”

Vinnie Lyer, Sporting News: WR Troy Franklin, No. 33 overall pick to Buffalo

Lyer writes: “The Bills still end up with an ideal wideout to pair with Josh Allen following the trade of Stefon Diggs and the decision to not re-sign Gabe Davis. Franklin’s size-speed-quickness combination can make him their new No. 1.”

Steve Muench, ESPN: WR Adonai Mitchell, No. 34 overall pick to New England

Muench writes: “Trading down and drafting an offensive tackle later in the second makes sense, but the value at tackle isn’t there at this pick. The next best option is getting a target for rookie quarterback Drake Maye, and Mitchell is good value.”

Dane Brugler, The Athletic: CB Cooper Dejean, No. 35 overall pick to Arizona

Brugler writes: “Between DeJean’s versatility and the Cardinals’ needs in the secondary, this is a team-player pairing that made a ton of sense in the first round — and makes even more sense in Round 2.”

I’m still banging the table for Zak Frazier.

1 Like