I Am So Sorry Son

LOL - Good call!

I have 3 kids and none of them are into football. All of them watched me and my friends for years suffer thru Sundays. My boys occasionally will watch with us but aren’t invested. They come over more for the hanging out and good food.
When Goff thru the Interception to Ramsey I let out a yell then got upset for a min. My wife and kids were shocked. They asked me “You didn’t see that coming? You thought they really were gonna win?” Yup. I did. I’m sucked into this God forsaken franchise for life.
I hope Dan and Brad can turn this around and your kids and grand kids grow up to watch champions!

2 Likes

Both of my sons have watched the games with me. The older one basically walked away from them after an early display of futility several years ago. The younger one, who’s still at home, is checked out this year. No Stafford, Prater or Jones? No wins? No Calvin Johnson? Why watch them? That’s basically his attitude.

2 Likes

I haven’t talked to my Father in 10 years because he turned me into a Lions fan as a kid. lol

4 Likes

:muscle: :heart: :pray: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My son faced an existential crisis when we traded Stafford away. He especially finds it a bitter pill to swallow when I tell him at his age, I got to see the Lions in the NFC championship. Of course, my father got to witness them actually win a championship. At this rate, he might be telling his son that he got to witness the Lions with a winning season during his lifetime.

Nothing compares to Barry Sanders retiring on the eve of training camp.

LOL - Yup.

I do think we’ll be trending WAY upward, starting next season. I’m hoping it feels like the Pistons rebuild to the title.

The situation that Patrica/Quinn left here
-Salary cap hell
-very thin roster
-Lacking in talent roster
AND
-What talent we did have left (Stafford, Golliday, Jones)

This would rank in NFL history as one of the worst situations any coach and GM have ever stepped into.
Brad and Dan are truly being asked to pull off a miracle here.
I think they will.

I have 1 each, Patriots, Colts, and Browns fans.
My ex has family in Mansfield, so, my daughter sides with her grandfather.
The boys, they’re opportunists.

My daughter is 8 years old now and has gone to every Lions home game since she was born. She also does a road game or two almost every year………Well before Covid anyway.

She loves the Lions. She could sing the fight song by age 4. She can name a lot of the main players and she clearly has her favorites.

She has many Lions fan friends at the stadium who she has to visit with at each game and high five with each time we score. She’s the life of our section.

She attends training camp with me and many of the players know her by name.

She has cheered with me, cried with me and is my best buddy to join me for every game and I wouldn’t want it any other way.

9 Likes

Love her! Good stuff!

1 Like

You are a cruel man Air…

1 Like

***WARNING - PROFANE LANGUAGE CONTAINED IN LINKED VIDEO PARENTS ***

I think this sums it up best. A short, must-see for all real Lions fans.

3 Likes

She loves going to the games.

But she’s pretty upset about the QB situation right now.

2 Likes