I can't say I'm thrilled about this, but I went to bat for everyone here regardless

Glad to be back. I’m the artist formerly known as blyfan. Can’t wait to respectfully debate with you guys like the old days!

Honestly, this screen name is a random thing I strung together a long time ago. I think I pulled it from a Beatles Lyric. I tried to think of something clever and football related, without success. So I shot for something no one else would have… success? I guess?

10 character password minimum? We talking national security up in here?

4 Likes

Ahh, I was doing a slight hint that maybe you were the MojoNut over on the old Call of Duty United Offensive server I play on, he’s from here too and is a Lions Fan.

Yep, sorry guys, it was fun while it last though.

2 Likes

Glad there is a new board. The old one was getting bad with the week to week bi-polar bullshit. I started going to reddit because it was nothing but arguments anytime you posted your opinion. The board was starting to be just as bad after a win as it was after a lose.

3 Likes

Taken one for the team…way to go Adrian!

2 Likes

While not posting much, I have been lurking and reading on ever changing sites that Nate created for us displaced lions fans for many years (2001? or so - on 247 and all the others I was Glionsfan since I live in Atlanta). While my name is not common among the posters since I don’t join much in the discussions it doesn’t mean I am not just as big of a Lions fan. I came to Detroit form Europe in 1986 and my first live NFL game was on 11/15/1998 at the Pontiac Silverdome against the Bears. Still have the stubs. I was still learning the game and terminology. But I was hooked. 30 years later I know much, much better. And I’ve endured my share of trash talk for my love for the Lions, been with them through good (not much) and bad. In Atl for 28 years and yet they are my team (friends, neighbors - they are all Falcons. I just can’t do it!!! Lol) I will throw in my opinion here and there on this site. The other site was hard to do that as you were judged very fast and with no consequences. I am still reluctant to say much since I have never played the game growing up overseas -soccer was the sport. But if I did play I was gonna be Cb or SF - 5.11 200lbs., goalie in soccer, used to see and anticipate the play in front of you. I’ve learned so much about NFL, players, games, formations, offense, defense, etc. over the 30 years though.
Mr. Caminata - thanks for all you do for us Lions fans!

8 Likes

Awesome story, cruseoeatl!

1 Like

Yeah, I forgot my password already.

3 Likes

Lionstalk.com is back! So happy.

2 Likes

Yay!!! Glad to be back in the Den!

2 Likes

Did registration for this site shoot up dramatically after Iggy said he wouldn’t come over here? LOL

8 Likes

Going dark with no notice is my biggest fear. I’ve been thinking about that since way back in the mid-2000’s when I realized how much of my daily life The Den had become.

I’ve also thought about dying suddenly and people thinking I simply left the board. If I stop posting, it means I’m dead!

6 Likes

Well, thanks for the most morbid post. Like, ever. But yeah, acknowledging this community was always more valuable than any partnership with a network (and their ability to essentially control the lights) fed the departure. And then a few had asked for another forum option, so here we are.

If I stop posting, check @Weaselpuppy’s basement.

2 Likes

Good to be back in a familiar environment.
Been around the den since 2003 I believe, username was runningwithscissors but decided to keep this one short

4 Likes

That’s the truth. I think that actually happens a lot. I’m gonna tell my wife to keep posting for me after I’m gone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s probably 12345678

:smile:

3 Likes

Well, this place seems… civil.

4 Likes

Welcome, Red! You’ve been missed!

1 Like