I for one think our future is Incredibly Bright here

@Stephenboyd57, agree 100% on your draft strategy.

Foolishly I’m holding out hope for Goff as it would be beneficial to our Lions if he could pan out.

Even at the beginning of the season with our “1st string” WR Corps, we lacked any appreciable talent at the position.

I’d like to see what Goff could maybe do with at least a #2 WR at his disposal.

Reynolds, Cephus, St Brown, etc are probably at best #3’s.

Shame on Holmes for fielding this group of WR.

1 Like

I mean Cephus was looking decent. He had over 200 yards and 2 TD’s in 4 games, which is 2 more TD’s than Kenny Golladay has this year, lol. It would have been at least interesting to see a healthy Cephus and healthy Ty Williams together. Injuries suck, and we sure have way too many of them.

4 Likes

Well, although this is putting lipstick on a pig, it’s a pig in a poke. So many people here hitting the panic button, I get it. But any hopes for this team were just that, hopes. Has Dan made mistakes that another HC wouldn’t have made, yep. Are players playing to the last whistle and not mailing it in, yep and I’m not sure that they do that for very many HC’s, absolutely wouldn’t have happened not just for Patricia but lot’s of guys who have been HC’s here.

I don’t like next years draft for QB’s and I didn’t like this years draft even though I was constantly reminded that I was going against what basically every talking head out there was saying. Fields? We would have beat Chicago if Fields was their starter yesterday. Trey will never beat out Jimmy. Trevor, 8 TD’s, 9 int’s and 4 lost fumbles. Zach has 4 TD’s vs 9 int’s but those 4 came in 2 of his 6 games, he has 4 games where he didn’t throw for a TD. Mac Jones was in the perfect place to be successful because he went to the right team. His completion percentage has dropped from 77% to just over 70% going from college to pro’s. Trevor probably does well in a couple seasons if he gets the right help. Really am not seeing it for the other 3.

So, trust the D to improve under good leadership and I hope some real help in the draft, FA and a healthy Okwara next year. We obviously need the best OC we can hire in the off season. Between the draft and FA we should be able to build on an O that is proving they can at least run the ball. This year was tryouts for next year for both the players and the staff.

2 Likes

HI blue !!! welcome back brother nice post ! been a LONG time bud, don’t be a stranger…

1 Like

Will Ferrell Old School Movie GIF

I think Iffy will be a really good one, man. Agree w/what you say about the others.

Agreed - someone may eventually snipe him from our roster.

Hope you’re right on this, my bro. I don’t like B-Mayfield, but I do like Mahommes and the other guy.

This is my type of logic, brother! Preach!

Will Ferrell Youre My Boy GIF

YOU’RE MY BOY, BLUE!

3 Likes

@BigNatty - Quit stealing all my gifs. lol

On a side note, our 2nd favorite team the Bills bounced back strong last night bud!

2 Likes

NIIIICE!

1 Like

No matter what - enjoy the day you have been given and that freaking awesome to make to 69!

I still have 12 years to walk they to get to that’s one!

1 Like

Love it - I responded only to OP, and hadn’t seen yours yet. Definitely deserves a 2nd look. LOL

Love that too. I think they get it done. Titans are having their fall from grace, and while the Bills have a rough schedule, they control their own destiny and are committed. I think they get it done.

1 Like

I’m starting to get a bit worried about a certain grumpy old coach with a rookie QB that plays the Bills twice in the next 4 weeks.

One thing is for sure - shit is about to get very real

1 Like

I’m definitely in agreement with you. Dan must get better at in game management and decisions and that has been his biggest negative this year. I would rather him grow in a lost season and come back next year and show he has learned from those mistakes. We all knew this year would be a struggle. Then we lost some of the best players on our roster to injury. Yet somehow we are still competing in games. When we went 0-16 it felt like every week we would go down 21-0 in the 1st quarter and be out of the game by halftime. That is not the case this season. You have to respect the way this team fights even when they know this is a lost season. I also think Dan’s personality will have other players wanting to play for him as well as the players we have wanting to stay. His personality is infectious.

I think we need to bring in a very good WR in free agency to help whoever the QB is in 2022. I also think we need to bring in a player like Marcus Williams to lead this secondary. The defense has played above expectations, but one thing is clear to me and that is we lack a leader on this defense. I think Marcus Williams can be that.

I think this offseason will define Holmes and Campbell’s future and will be the most important offseason of their Lions tenure. They were able to get rid of the guys they didn’t want or didn’t want to be here last year. Now they can start bringing In “their” guys. It’s time to see if they have what it takes to finally turn this thing around.

3 Likes

Just so long as we all agree that the, “Holmes and Campbell were limited by what they inherited, and what they could do with the cap” excuse goes out the window after a second year of player acquisitions through the draft and free agency.

Right?

The team won’t be fully transformed to the extent it needs to be in one offseason.

But we should see marked improvement - big improvement - with their guys going into next season.

Right?

4 Likes

That would be great, I don’t think there are going to be many options though. I saw a list somewhere of free agent WR’s and can’t say I was too impressed. Anyone have that list?

The future is bright, it has a glow to it:

This Is Fine GIF by 100% Soft

2 Likes

I think that is 100% correct. Barring some catastrophic injury luck this team needs to show major improvement. I think expectations need to be tempered as we will still have a bad QB situation in 2022 but the rest of the team must be improved to the point where they are winning 6+ games at a minimum. I think with the cap space and draft capital we have that is very reasonable expectations

1 Like

Thank you.

The Lions have sucked for three generations, and one of the key reasons why is a lack of accountability – from ownership and from the fan base.

2 Likes

Courtland sutton and tim Patrick were just resigned which does take a couple guys off the market. Off the top of my head though there is

DaVante Adams
Mike Williams
Chris Godwin
Allen Robinson
Juju Smith-Schuster
Will Fuller
Christian Kirk
Odell Beckham
DJ Chark

I think that is a pretty solid group and I would expect the majority of those guys to hit the market.

1 Like

You really think Hodges benson Ray st brown could handle Stafford’s heater ? Or Stafford would hold up under the sacks that helped sideline Goff ?

1 Like

The Lions have lost for decades because they aren’t an organization that knows how to win. For whatever reason the fan base thinks changing coaches and GM’s every few years will some how result in something different.

The organization just ran a national search meant to turn over every stone to find the most qualified person to coach this team. After that search they hired a TE coach. They determined a TE coach was the most qualified person in the country to run this team. So, what is firing Campbell going to accomplish? Are they going to hold another national search? Just bring in the air raid and things will change? Come on now.

2 Likes