I hope Kerby comes close to Ed Reed

The ultimate ball hawk

3 Likes

That’s some big shoes, but that would be nasty.

5 Likes

Hope AG allows Kerby to blitz!!!

lol, me too! I too hope he come close to becoming arguably the best to have played the position.

4 Likes

If Kerby has even half the career of Ed Reed, we will be dancing in the streets.

Reed intercepted 64 passes which he returned for 1,590 yards and 7 touchdowns, recorded 6 sacks, and made 13 fumble recoveries. A nine-time Pro Bowler, Reed was named All-Pro six times and the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2004.

4 Likes

Kerby off to a good start with the picks

3 Likes

It just shows how amazing Reed was. Kerby had 4 ints as a rookie. He would need to have 4 ints every season for 16 seasons to tie Reed. Oh and Reed had another 9 interceptions in the playoffs. Best safety ever IMO. 73 Total career picks.

Kerby is off to a great start and he owns Rodgers, that’s for sure.

4 Likes

Reed was a bad bad man. That Baltimore defense was lights out!

3 Likes

Second only to the '85 Bears.

I’m torn between Ronnie Lott, rod Woodson or Ed reed if I had to pick best ever.

1 Like
  1. Reed
  2. Woodson
  3. Lott

Reed special teams skill (kick off returns, punt returns and punt blocks) puts him over the top imo.
Woodson did return punts (is only role during special teams)

1 Like

Kerby is MUCH more hansome than this guy! For real

Watch until the end!

1 Like

What’s funny is as much as people like who Ed Reed was as a player, if you put him back in the draft without knowing who he was…a majority of fans wouldn’t think of him as a 1st round pick. He’s about 5’-11" on a good day and ran close to a 4.6 forty. He’s too short and too slow.

I loved watching Ray Lewis on the Manningcast. One thing he talked about was how much film the Ravens watched, and they even threw film parties and tried to invent new ways of attacking and confusing offenses. He said they watched so much film together as a group and knew eachother’s roles so well that individual players would agree to switch roles with eachother on the fly. It confused the offense in the moment, but it also made future coaches have to try to figure out a defensive playcall the defensive coordinator didn’t even call. They just made it up.

3 Likes

Id flip 1 and 2, Woodson played CB at a HOF level as well. Would have been interesting to see where Taylor would have ended up, he was special

Woodson doesn’t get enough love imo. I would also add Troy to that list. And I would put him above Ed if it was between the two of them.

2 Likes

Troy was another, lol, shocked he slipped my mind

2 Likes

Lewis sure had that killer instinct both on and off the field!!

1 Like

He made the game easy. Like a knife through … ugh, umm … butter. Yeah, that’s it. Like a knife through butter.

Oj Simpson GIF

1 Like