I might be a Dune honk, but I just saw the prerelease, and

It really sucked you in emotionally from the very start and the next thing you knew, credits were rolling. Not to mention the visually stunning aspect of it.

What Weas said.

1 Like

Not watching an Avatar movie in an IMAX if you have a chance is a crime. Regardless of anything else, they are some of the most visually stunning movies.

Season 3 Lol GIF by The Office

I buy unlimited movie pass. When you ā€œpurchaseā€ a ticket (theyā€™re free w/the pass), they validate your parking for the movieā€¦translation ā†’ I get unlimited free movies as well as unlimited free parking for 18.00/month. ONE DAY of parking would be that much. Some days when I ā€œpurchase the ticketā€, I dontā€™ even watch the movie.

I watched Avatar 2 in the theatre 3 times thoughā€¦likeā€¦for real watched, not just parked for free.

I figure with my unlimited movie pass, I probably get 40/month of value on average for $18ā€¦ sometimes much more if we watch games on I- drive during football season

3 Likes

Duneā€™s combo of sound/music/visuals on Imax is setting a new higher bar. It was amazing. That movie is winning a whole bunch of technical Oscars.

If I had to pay to park at the movies, Iā€™d be so bitter, Iā€™d wear a fat suit and fill it with their popcorn refills until they ban me.

LOL - I looove little-to-no traffic too, man. The theatre nearest me I park how Weeze-man does. The structure I am talking about is on I-drive and in a different part of townā€¦I LOVE going there for 4DX movies thoughā€¦the one nearest me is just standard and/or 3D.

Not gonna lie, I love going to I drive but I rarely go down thereā€¦maybe for some Giordanoā€™s, a big special effects movie, or sometimes football. I have lots of positive associations to going thereā€¦just feels good to even be down there, for meā€¦though I really do enjoy my immediate neighborhood even more.

I really do live in a friggin vacationā€¦no joke. Love the Orlando area.

2 Likes

Awesome! My significant other is in the VFX industry. I could be wrong, but Iā€™m pretty sure she said she knows some people who work at DNEG (the VFX company working on Dune), so thatā€™s pretty awesome to hear! Obviously the first one was amazing, but sounds like the production crew really knocked it out of the park with part two!

2 Likes

I have a client that does end to end trailers/ads/digital comms/advertising in Hollywood and they were hearing it was gonna be huge. .

1 Like

Got out to NYC Saturday. Since then, can confirm that Dune 2 in IMAX is one of the best movie experiences you can have

2 Likes

Saw it a 2nd time in Imax. Still awesome.

Still working through some of the small plot changes to see how they will resolve for Dune Messiah, which is probably a 3 year wait

2 Likes

I had the first go around of Movie pass when I lived in Bozeman. I think I paid 80 dollars for a year. I went and saw a ton of movies

Nice thing about Montana is you can take liquor to go. My favorite thing was to get a bite at the bar adjacent to the theatre, then get a double whisky on the rocks to
go in a coffee cup

Theatre never blinked an eye

So is Dune Messiah the title of the next Dune movie?

Because there were a ton of elements in Dune 2 that were culled from the 2nd book in the series which was called titled Dune Messiah. Dune 2 pretty much started and ended the way the book Dune Messiah went, though there were a few consequential details in the movie that were left out or minimized, or perhaps shifted to the next movie in some fashion. As always, IMO. In any case, 2 thumbs up.

I saw it last Saturday at an IMAX too, which my SAG friend insisted on. I hadnā€™t been to an IMAX theater since 3D glasses were a thing. I havenā€™t seen the 2021 movie.

1 Like

Dune Messiah is Book 2 and the working title for movie 3.

Messiah the book I cant really talk about w/o major spoilers, but Dune 2 ended not at but close to the end of the Dune book.

Nice. They would literally let me carry a pizza in at mine. Lol. They all know my name and get excited to overdellver for me.

Great ppl when we take the time to see em.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think youā€™re right about that. I was thinking, wrongly, that where the movie started was the beginning of the 2nd book, but that was just rounding out the first book. For not the first time in my life, my badā€¦ And that accounts for the ā€œmissingā€ details I wrote about.

I was there when I read the books, but eye witnesses are notoriously unreliable. LOL

1 Like