I might be a Dune honk, but I just saw the prerelease, and

Dune Pt 2 in Imax is The Best Thing I Have Ever Seen in a movie theatre.

Full stop.

See it in Imax. Full Stop.

Absolutely stunningly amazing. Been waiting 44 years for this. Better than I thought it could be.

3 Likes

Thanks. About 8 months ago I read the first 2 books and liked them. I’ll have to check the movie out. I’ve somehow managed to avoid all things Dune for many years.

1 Like

I promise to follow your advice, my bro

1 Like

nerds GIF

3 Likes

I need to re-watch the first movie - it was awesome. I’m flying out to NYC this weekend for the week and am expecting to watch it while I’m out there. Much easier to see it in IMAX out there than it is here in mid-Michigan.

1 Like

Thomas Middleditch GIF by Team Coco

1 Like

Got tix for this Thursday in IMAX, can’t wait!

2 Likes

I’ll be taking the advice as well, but definitely need to re-watch the first one.

Side note: I finally got around to Avatar 2 the other day. I must say I’ve never watched a 3+ hour movie and wished it wasn’t over. I hate you James Cameron, and in a good way.

I also hate you 20th Century for your December 2025 release date for part 3, and not in a good way.

3 Likes

James Cameron?

Must have had E.T. on the brain. Yeesh. Thanks for taking it easy on that though :laughing:

It’s fine, Steven Spielberg is awesome too

1 Like

I could drive 2 hours to Pooler and see this on the world’s biggest IMAX screen. Worth 4 hours of driving though?

same!

Really good stuff!

1 Like

Awesome, I watched Part One and thought the sequel showed great promise…

1 Like

I’m biased. I drive 2 hrs 1 way to sit in my car all day, so Im also not the one to ask about driving.

Here I had thought the special pre-release screening was only for fancy/attractive/nice-smelling people. But Weasel is once again out there on the vanguard blazing a trail!

2 Likes

Things I’ve crashed-

3 Wedding receptions for free drinks

A Dave Ramsey Donor Dinner and speech. GOOD PRIME RIB!

All kinds of stuff for work…Rural Gun Club fireworks and black powder explosion session…private dinner at Disney’s Victoria and Albert’s $200 a plate fine dining restaurant, CRE company NYE party at the top of the W in Chicago…just walk into a business and start pulling files and taking pictures if no one is around…

Actually this time I just found it after Lori told me she wanted to go see a movie…but I’ve crashed/freewalked plenty of movies.

Honestly find your lack of boundaries and/or shame inspiring. Let your cheap-ass inner light shine!

(I’m actually just jealous. Can’t believe I have to wait till Thursday.)

2 Likes

So i should watch the 1st one? I can’t do really boring movies.

Yes. Pt 1 will be less action and more setup/world building but not boring

3 Likes