I think Chase Young will be there at 3

Oh, yeah.
Nevermind.

After watching quite a bit of highlight reels think I’d rather have brown. He looks like the 2nd coming of Suh…without all the personal fouls/stomping/kicking fouls.

1 Like

This message board is literally the only place I’ve seen people say Chase Young is overrated.

5 Likes

lol
recency bias. He didn’t flash ( or play well) last game so people are discounting his entire career.
He’s a stud.

5 Likes

It’s going to be insufferable here through late April.

Can’t wait to hear about more NFL execs-in-waiting’s “film studies” of him and others.

1 Like

Where else do you interact with people who actively watch film of prospects?

This is precisely why I wanted to draft Shaquem Griffin. Lowers the odds of that outcome by 50%.

Too soon?

3 Likes

He’s just been in the crosshairs for too long. Nitpicking his game. I don’t think he’s the prospect that Julius Peppers was, who we missed by one worthless win as well, but he’s pretty damn good.

I’m not going to say he is overrated or underrated, but I do have questions about his game. In the last 3 games. Michigan, Wisconsin and Clemson, he had 0 sacks and rarely was getting pressure. He had 7 sacks in two games, 9.5 in the other 10 games, against teams like Florida Atlantic, Cincinnati and Miami of Ohio.

Like I said, he maybe a great pro and worthy of the number 2 or 3 pick, but I can see why some have doubts

1 Like

We will know soon enough.

Tua Tagovailoa will make stay-or-go decision Jan. 6

I was thinking Tua staying in school might be disastrous for the Lions building trade-down value with their pick.

But in reality, it makes it all the more vital for a team that needs an elite QB prospect to go up and get one, because there will be one fewer.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Herbert’s stock begin to soar between now and April.

2 Likes

I mean is he supposed to split a triple team consistently?

1 Like

Did you just make that up?

Young Dominates vs Wisconsin:
Chase Young, J.K. Dobbins showed that they are the best at what they do in the country.

“Young had his best game of the season to date, racking up four sacks and 5 tackles for loss — both Ohio State records — while also forcing two fumbles in what was just an unbelievable display by the nation’s best player.”

https://twitter.com/Landgrant33/status/1188129211061538824

2 Likes

For the sake of our trade down scenarios (or the Redskins) we really need Tua with a clean bill of health to be in the draft

one play isn’t consistently. Clemson mostly blocked him with one guy. Haven’t seen film yet on the UM or Big10 champ game so can’t speak to those.

OSU played Wisconsin twice. In the Big10 champ game against Wisconsin, he had zero sacks.

How did he do in the championship game against the same team?

Nah, I think you definitely want to root for Tua in the draft. If he’s in the draft, it most likely means his recovery is going well and he expects to get drafted high. In that case, he will go above Herbert.

I agree and don’t see how the skins can pass on an elite LT at this point! They are pretty deep on the DL for now…

They need to protect Haskins!

Also hope the Lions don’t take a CB at 3…

2 Likes

If young is there at 3, it’s a no brainer. We have the worst defense in the league and we have exactly ZERO players that can get to the QB. The Flowers signing looks like a complete abortion, but MAYBE if we get Young, he can at least draw some double teams on occasion.

I think the biggest issue with the Lions defense is that there is nobody that requires a double team at any time. Opponents can just line up man to man and take care of business. Half of Flowers sacks came against back up LTs. Starting LTs deleted him from existence all year. We need an impact pass rusher more than anything else, and it’s not even close.

1 Like