I think Chase Young will be there at 3

Redskins may well go Young but their o-line is one of the worst in the league and needs a lot of help. Williams has said he will not play for them so they need a LT. Best move for them is probably a trade down a few spots and then take best OT.

If we had brought in a new coach with a different scheme, I would look closer at Simmons. At his size though, why waste my time.

Of course then I would be pissed that we passed on Bush.

2 Likes

Yea Simmons is a misfit in Patricia’s D. It’s too bad because the guy is so versatile and just makes plays everywhere.

Both Bosa and Ferrell were off the board (the two best DE’s in the draft) by our pick last year. Passing on Sweat and B.Burns in 2019 at #8 overall should have no bearing on what Patricia does at #3 overall if Young is on the board in 2020 at our pick .
Burns and Sweat were not nearly the prospect Chase is and Sweat had off field issues besides.
I can’t see Patricia not taking Young at #3 if he is available.

passing on TJ Watt and Bush just makes me scream when I look at Davis and Jones and Tavai.

7 Likes

We have to get more athletic at LB. Need another Davis but with better instincts. Above all of our other needs at that position group is that we haven’t had a good cover backer in 5+ years.

I hope and pray MP sees it. But I fear that there is some rocket science calculation that says otherwise and hence we’ll end up with more Christian Jones.

I wonder if Rivera and the new coaching staff at Washington will be able to talk to Williams and get him back in the fold. Wouldn’t surprise me if Williams is happy with the HC change and decides to rejoin the team and give them another shot to repair their relationship.

If that happens, then Young is most certainly their pick.

3 Likes

1 Like

I’m still a fan of a trade-back scenario, get Brown, and pick up an extra 2nd. Possibly trade back up to get Gross-Matos or a great RB.

1 Like

I see 3 being used on Tua, Herbert, Okudah or Juedy. If we’re there at 3, it’s gotta be Okudah.

1 Like

Probably a more likely scenario than what I’ve drawn up, but it’s still what I want to see.

I could be all for it, if they sign Slay. If they let Slay bolt, then its a wasted pick IMO.

The haul for Tua or Herbert could be sizeable, that’s why I say “if we’re there”.
A couple of spots could net you a second. More than a couple should net you another 1st.
We’ll see.

1 Like

I’m 100% with you there. Okudah WITH Slay is nice. Okudah FOR Slay is zero net gain.

2 Likes

I want a trade down with Miami and still take Okudah. Then we can afford to take Dobbins in the 2nd round.

If he’s gone, it will be very tempting to take Jeudy. The dropoff in talent after him is real.

1 Like

I wanna replace Melvin via FA or later draft choice. I think we could be okay w/our DBs, if we had a badass enough DL. Philosophically, I believe in building DL to help the rest. The inverse can work (build DBs up and get coverage sacks), but I feel like badass DL is more consistent and reliable.

2 Likes

The only way this holds true is if we trade Slay or release Slay and not address the CB position with a real FA talent at CB ……

1 Like

Also to the point of the thread itself …Young being available at #3 Overall ….
A strong possibility exists that Haskins ( Not a Fan ) is just not in the teams future . New GM, New HC, New OC…and an owner in Snyder that did want him or an owner that was convinced by the former GM .
They literally have zero ties to Haskins, not a sole remains . Herbert or Tua could be in play or should be in play if Snyder is not over ruling everyone .

We just saw the inverse not work, convincingly. We didn’t get coverage sacks and barely any sacks because we played Max cover and kept non penetrators up front while running out a bunch of non coverage linebackers.

I swear to God it was the absolute stupidest Shit I have ever seen in my life. Unfathomably fucking dumb and that fat airhead just watched it happen, just like he stood there in shock in his debut game as a terrible Jets team with a rookie QB hung 40+ on his Genius Defense.

He watched this happen over and over and over and over and OVER and thought it would spontaneously get better.

You could give this guy the 80s Giants D and he’d screw it up.

4 Likes

Hahahaha a lot of truth here. The 2019 Lions allowed opponents to score on more than 40% of the drives they faced 5th worst.
The 2019 Detroit Lions allowed the second most 1st downs in the league, the 2nd most by pass and the 5th most by penalty .
The system I do not think is the issue … more the talent needed to run it is missing and that we did not adjust to the lack of talent and change it up …This to me speaks to this regime never once being on the hot seat and more the last 2 seasons a learning lesson and missing on the necessary talent either by injury or failing to acquire what is needed to pull this Defense off ……This Defense requires the Offense to score early and often and build a lead forcing the opponent to become one dimensional and nickel & dime its way down the field and into mistakes …… We failed at forcing this and when we did in big spots the Refs gave opposing teams 1st downs by penalty ….killing the plan and scheme (Greenbay in particular)