I think we have witnessed peak NFL in terms of popularity

Who cares? I’m not gonna ask my plumber to fix my car, my mechanic to groom my dog, or my laundry girl to repair the roof.

These dudes have a platform, becasue they are in the public eye. That doesn’t mean I have to listen. They probably talk no more/less than us, but they are on tv.

What I see - angry people will be angry, people who have a victim’s mentality will see victim stories everywhere, happy people will be happy, loving people love, etc.

Most people, in some way or another, are upset that they have pissy pants, but ignore the fact that they are the ones who wet their own pants.

QUIT PISSING YOUR PANTS, you goofy MFrz. LOL.

I can ignore every single thing about how individuals do/don’t handle pregame, etc. Has zero impact on me.

Officiating, I can’t overlook. Part of the reason I love sports is the purity of it. Nobody has an agenda. One team says “we’re gonna kick your ass.” Other team says, “Nope, we’re gonna kick your ass.” Then they go figure it out.

Officials carrying out the NFL’s money agenda is something I refuse to overlook. I’m aware that I’m replaceable. I don’t care what they think, or what any fan thinks (translation…no reason to wet your pants, i just disagree with you). Want more peace in your life? Stop caring how other people do/don’t watch football. Stop seeing things as “politics,” and start seeing it as human issues. Start understanding that different people have different lens of the world.

3 Likes

I agree that we’ve witnessed the peak of NFL’s popularity.
I also agree that the sense of fairness has been destroyed by bad officiating.
I also agree that politics entering the league as it officially has is not good. The net result will be many of the faithful walking away.

2 Likes

NFL, NBA, actor, actress, some one in a band should stay out of things. They don’t struggle, they don’t live pay check to pay check. I’m happy sports are gone. These guys make way too much money to speak for me or any one else. Iggy is right. Let’s split to black folks with the white folks. What a fucking joke.

1 Like

So you’re going to “cherry pick”, like using the Thanksgiving game in 2019 as an example, a Monday night game in 2018 and still think that “many” is a proper term? LOL, c’mon man, WTF, I say attendance is down, I’m right and you can’t admit it. You INSTEAD throw out stats that tell me what percentage of tickets were sold, not attendance BTW. In the case of the Lions last season they averaged over 2,200 empty seats w/o season ticket no shows. Throw out the Thanksgiving Day game and you’re closer to 2,500. Stadiums are smaller??? Dallas holds close to 100,000, what “stadiums” are you talking about??? Crap teams get crap attendance, what team(s) were hampered by smaller stadiums? I’ve been to at least 2 road games with you and neither was close to being sold out, esp the St Louis game.

Yeah, it looks like you are trying real hard to keep politics off the board. :roll_eyes: This is a definition of a political post, with Iggy’s argument that it is a problem that players spoke out against Brees but didn’t speak out against Jackson and so it was the ‘final nail in the coffin for many.’

You have locked posts for much less. I guess it is just harder for you to do when you agree with the premise. Mods are human too, but guess what? You are breaking your own law.

2 Likes

Agree with Iggy 100%
Empty stadiums from covid and dropping TV revenue due to politics.
They are heading down hill fast.
I’m not sure I can bring myself to watch anymore.

1 Like

Truth…

Starting to get cringe worthy. Do you stand up for the Black National Anthem?

1 Like

Iggy posted you don’t like it then don’t follow. NFL is making it about politics. So this post should stay, no one hijacked it at all.

1 Like

Im taken a knee.

Your going to get blasted on CNN for taking a knee.

Freedom my man. I was kidding won’t waste my money on the NFL.

Yeah the NFL is getting bad. I thought they were going to stop at female commentary. I was way off.

I doubt mind that, but the whole thing about black and white, just shows how said our country is.

LOL, and you’re here because?

Lol. I have the right too.

I never once said you were wrong. You miss quoted me once already. You may wish to go back and read what I actually said. Clearly you miss my point.

Also NFL favorites a few teams. They have a ton to clean up. From the refs to now this.

I just want to know what they know before I hear what they think.
Seriously.
I care more about what you guys “think” than what a celebrity does. That’s because we all gather around a subject that we all “know”, which is the Lions.

DeSean Jackson is a perfect example. I don’t fault him for being genuinely ignorant. But if someone’s offended by what he’s said, it’s because they’re assigning too much value to what someone “thinks” while clearly not “knowing” the subject. That’s the biggest failing of a celebrity culture. The famous are important instead of vice versa.

If a celeb wants to tell me what he/she thinks, they better qualify why I should listen by establishing a certain knowledge or expertise on that subject.

1 Like

Ummm no it’s not. But it’s easy to see politics in every thread.

I’m not breaking any law … lol

The rule is NOT my rule either. As a mod I’m forced to enforce it. It’s a board rule on a private message board.

I’ve clarified this rule many times. You seem to have missed the memo.

I’ll message you to clarify.