Ian Rapoport reports no team willing to trade ‘historic haul' to Bears for No. 1 pick

The bears are gonna have to get pretty creative to ■■■■ this up.

Can’t wait to see how they do it!

3 Likes

do it jewish GIF

LOL - Perfect response

I dont think fields is special at all. But if you did think so thats the way to do it vs getting a 3rd for fields

My gut says Caleb will be a disappointment as a nfl qb. He might be ok but not the franchise changing player you hope for at 1OA. So i hope the bears take him and let fields walk after season for next to nothing. Heck 3-4 yrs from now caleb might be the 4th best qb from this class. Chicago where qbs go to die.

1 Like

My biggest fear was them trading down one spot and fetching multiple 1st and 2nd day picks. Then trading down again between 5-13 and getting multiple 1st abd 2nd day picks and then finally settling on one of the better OTs to build a fortress in front of Fields.

Best case is that Caleb busts after they waste another 4 years trying to figure out if he’s the guy, but he strings them along with just enough flashes for them to still believe in his potential. And during those 4 years they go through another 2-3 offensive coordinators and a head coach or two.

1 Like

I think simply drafting Caleb Williams might be all they need to do to make that happen.

1 Like

I can’t imagine trading up to the top of the draft for anyone other than a guy no one would give away (Luck, Lawrence). Recent history with Lance and Young underscore this point, but really top ten QBs are too hit/miss to make huge investments to get anyway.

Knowing what we know now, what QBs in the last three 1st rounds would anyone trade up to get today?

Lawrence, Stroud and probably not Richardson.

The others: Wilson, Lance, Fields, Jones, Pickett, Young

T-Law is coming up nicely, but is in desperate need of a hair cut…errr…shaving