If we stay @ 7...who are the only picks you would be happy with?

No QB.

If those in the brain trust don’t think enough of Goff to pass on a QB, they should’ve taken a different Stafford deal.

I don’t think that will be the case, but that’s my logic.

As I laid out in a previous topic, anyone within the realm of reasonability gets my full throated support.

The 1st half vs the Jets showed us all we needed to know.

2 Likes

I think that’s right.

If you don’t have confidence in Goff, then take Carolina’s offer of No. 8 overall and a 5th Rd pick. Maybe you take Bridgewater as a one year starter or backup (no guaranteed $$ after 2021), as part of the deal, maybe not.

And how many reports had Zach Wilson or Mac Jones rated as top 10 at this time last year?

1 Like

Sewell

Don’t want to stay at 7.

Parsons
3a Slater
3b Chase

As fans we try to give new coaches the benefit of the doubt. We are in it for the next X number of games whether we like it or not. But honestly if you recall the Patricia era and it starting off poorly…the Jets game wasn’t the start it was a continuation of bad football. Winning and losing in preseason doesn’t matter, but we looked like chit the entire time. The last time I recall a Lions team looking that lost and unprepared in preseason was under Mooch. And the next preseason (2019) was even worse.

I tried to tell myself “its just preseason, we were 4-0 and went 0-16” but my god did we look terrible.

2 Likes

Sewell or Slater
Parsons

Prefer a trade back, put more positions in play value wise

Sewell
Parsons
Slater
Chase
Smith

Sewell
Slater
Pitts
Chase
Parson
Lance

None

And this was IMMEDIATELY AFTER going 9-7 and missing the playoffs by a tiebreaker.

Maybe it wasn’t fair that I never really gave Fatty the benefit of the doubt, but he really showed his coaching chops right away.

I think Justin Fields would make me happy. I have concerns like the rest, but I think he is going to be really good with some seasoning.

But he’s not the only guy. I’m giving this new mgmt team some latitude. I will automatically be skeptical if they pass on Fields, but I’ll let it play out. Give them a chance to see through their vision.

My thing is this: at some damn point you just have to start drafting better players than you’ve been drafting . Position is less important really than just getting it right. Sure, you don’t want to take an All Pro kicker over a competent LT and those sorts of things, but stop whiffing on players. Fix your player evaluation and player development so this happens less. Hopefully they are on the right track here.

2 Likes

+10000

It only took one game for Patricia, for sure!

And I was fully done with Quinn by the end of that season.

2 Likes

Sewell
Parsons
Smith
Pitts
Fields, if we go QB.

1. Slater or Sewell all day 2. Trade down 2, 3, or 5 spots (Fields) and pick Parsons or Surtain plus extra draft picks 3. Trade down with Patriots and take Parsons {if still available) or JOK. The Patriots trade must include their 1st rounder next year, plus their soul.