If you had to pick between taking Drew Sanders or Jack Campbell, who would you take? *Poll*

my man. Perfect guy to replace Board if he goes

1 Like

Yes…and Jack Campbell has a better coverage rating.
Correction, I was reading the graph wrong, Henley has the better rating.

Campbell has the better “Grade”, while Henley is further up the “Big Board”.
If the grades you’re looking at are PFF’s coverage grades, then Jack Campbell is 2nd overall, behind Pace.

1 Like

Campbell was the best cover LB in the country?

Yes! Although I do like Campbell more than most. But Henley looks like a stud.

1 Like

Right. But I bet it looks at overall grade, not coverage grade.
Which would be an interesting chart. Those above the line are projected to do better in the pro’s, while those below the line are projected to be worse pro’s than college players.

EDIT: It is total grade that is graphed, not coverage grade. Campbell has the highest coverage grade at 92.7. And its not a small sample - its on 418 snaps, 16th highest number of coverage snaps for a LB. Yeah, we need a cover LB, that’s oneof the reasons I like Campbell.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I love Campbell.

Campbell is more scheme specific and I think we can carve out a role for him.

Sanders is more raw and has more upside but he’s more of a LOS type of LBer.

I could see the Lions targeting both but Campbell is more of what we need in the middle.

2 Likes

Drew Sanders and it’s not even close

man i hope we don’t wait till the sixth round again to draft a LB. We got very very lucky last year. it would be nuts if it happenned again, i wouldn’ t plan on it. Overshown is another one I’ve had my eye on who would be an upgrade.

Ivan Pace Cincy
D Williams Tulane
and Jackson St has another LB
Dee Winters from TCU he made a lot of plays vs Mich & Kstate

Few guys to keep an eye on Day 3

reminds me of Rodrigo.
productive college player deemed too short with esp short arms.
knowing how the lions value LB’s, he could be a target in round 6 or 7.

Love Dorian Williams. i don’t think he gets to us in the 5th. we need a fourth. i’m hoping we package our two seconds to move up but get a fourth back.

there’s our isaiah simmons, nickel/box safety/spy.
don’t call me a LB, don’t call me a CB, don’t call me a safety, call me a football player.
There’s a few players like this, no?
Branch, Battle, even Cam Smith who played alot of box and slot.

2 Likes

Yeah maybe.
Idk, there’s not a whole lot of good 6’1"- 225lb LB/ Safety tweeners in the NFL. Darius Leonard comes to mind, Devin Bush never became that guy, Warner is 230lbs but he’s 6’3". Miles Killebrew was supposed to be that guy, he never was.

I think you’re right. It seems like today’s game would be perfect for people like this with all the RB screens, and short crossing routes. Maybe our brain trust will be able to figure out how to use these guys. Oh wait, we’re talking defense, LOL. I thought Simmons would excel, but he’s been just OK.

2 Likes

I wanted Isiah Simmons in that draft after seeing what Derrick Brown did at the combine. Brown has been better than Simmons.

2 Likes

Didn’t Tampa Bay have 2 of these guys?

1 Like

I mean we literally have to draft Jack Campbell. Not for his RAS score or awards or whatever

But if we are gonna be the Detroit Fighting Dan Campells biting knee caps with Spielman in the front office…

Our MLB has to be a big white dude with name of Jack Campbell. It’s like a rule I think?

And we gotta get Jack Lambert in a consulting role

4 Likes

Jack Lambert was my favorite player when I was a kid. I still don’t want Jack or Dan Cambell as my LB next year.

Just curious, who DO you want?

1 Like