If you had to pick between taking Drew Sanders or Jack Campbell, who would you take? *Poll*

Bobby Wagner. In the draft the only LBs I like would be Henley or Dorian Williams. It is just not a good year in the draft for off ball LBs. Even those 2 it would depend on where in the draft I could get them. Aubrey Miller from Jackson St is somebody I’d look at in the 6th rd.

2 Likes

I mean that’s fair enough. I do like 2 down thumpers Pace and Sewell.
Can always get them out but we were gashed in the run game so bad I don’t mind drafting role players that are strictly for that.

I’m pretty sure Holmes agrees he don’t want LB early and that’s a good thing.

What about Trenton Simpson?

1 Like

Henley’s drawbacks seems to be having to make decisions in direction with QBs that use RPO.

Have we Overshown our hand?

2 Likes

I have seen a lot of Simpson and Overshown. Simpson has all the tools and he will make some splash plays. I just don’t see the instincts to become a tackling machine. At Texas Overshown had 3 DTs that would eat blocks and he was free to make plays he just didn’t do it. I thought he actually played better the year before. These are both talented athletes that just never developed to what they were projected. I guess at some point you take a chance. I’m not passing a better player at another position.

1 Like

The other day I was reading a top 50 free agent list and the author made a note about how many quality off the ball linebackers were available in free agency this year. Food for thought.

Cartoon No GIF by GGKT

1 Like

The Tampa of 20 years ago or recently?

1 Like

Maybe you can get away with a 225lb LB’er if you have big block-eaters for DT’s or maybe nowadays with the pass-happy NFL you can get away with a smaller LB because you’re in a Nickel more than half the time, idk?!?

I wanted him too, but it sounds like he’s in talks with the Seahawks. Changed his Twitter background to Seattle skyline. Se la vie n shit.

Just a reminder that players have their own motivations on where they want to be.

I am on board with Jack Campbell on the second round.

1 Like

For the life of me I don’t see what everyone likes about Jack Campbell… You guys just looking at height/weight? I see a slow to react LBer who doesn’t make plays. Sanders is a significantly better prospect, they’re about the same size, but Sanders is faster, has a better nose for the ball, is able to diagnose a play quicker, gives you an added bonus as a pass rusher and played against better competition, and he’s 2 years younger.

Campbell isn’t a difference maker, Sanders is.

But his name isn’t JACK CAMPBELL

In all honesty though; come draft day Sanders will probably be drafted before him

Probably? He’ll be drafted at least a round earlier… Sanders may go in the 1st

Depending on who’s available, I’d take him at 18 and be smitten about it.

That’s why Sanders won the Butkus award and led the country in tackles in 2021?

1 Like

Nakobe Dean and there were at least 5 other MLB taken before him including his teammate. Can’t say I agreed with him falling, but weird things happen on draft day.

I mean yeah, weird things happen on draft day.

Not sure what your point is.

Isn’t that who you are talking about?

Edit - I haven’t had my coffee yet. Got it …thought you were making a point about dudes slipping on draft day

Casanova meant Jack Campbell won it in 22’. Yes Dean won in 2021

Drew Sanders pro day will day a lot. He doesn’t look strong or stout. His production tailed off a lot toward end of the year. If he’s a 6’5” 235 skinny edge who can kind of cover and play off, then I don’t see a role.

If he runs a 4.4 and kills the drills- he will go round 1… if not he will go round 3

1 Like

Yes, Sander is a difference maker and Capt Jack isn’t? Not taking part in the combine was pretty chicken shit, now he gets to go home and have the advantage of “faster” scores. Sanders had sacks, great, IOWA rarely blitzed, they relied on pressure from their front 4. And when they did blitz it wasn’t from the MLB position. Was Sanders better at coverage? Uh, no. Apples and oranges and we need a MLB, not an OLB.

1 Like