I'll leave this here

Did the bot call a naked bootleg into a all out blitz?

1 Like

I liked the call to go for it. I didn’t like the playcall at all.

9 Likes

The Lion King GIF by Walt Disney Studios

3 Likes

@Thats2, I agree wholeheartedly.

1 Like

The truth is it probably worked in our favor anyways. I didn’t trust our D to stop the Vikings even with punting.

In the end, the results of that 4th down play allowed us enough time for that final drive.

4 Likes

Part of the new danalytics :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I honestly think that was part of the tactic to go for it there. With 4 minutes left in their own territory, chances are that the Vikings would have bled the clock and kick a GW field goal.

I didn’t even mind the play call in a vacuum, it was just the wrong QB to run that play.

3 Likes

The bot is using the average of all play calls for those results. If the bot was shown that we were gonna run a Chinese fire drill I’m pretty sure it would have adjusted down its percentages and reacted as such
Star Trek Laughing GIF

3 Likes

Danalytics…

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by VH1

1 Like

I liked the thinking, I hated putting in the hands of Goff in that situation.

football wtf GIF by Sethward

3 Likes

I can’t believe this website is now referenced in here - amazing. When I showed it before people lost their shit acting as if it was some sort of new fan-dangled conspiracy wizardry lol

1 Like

All this proves is that pure analytics are idiotic.

What other teams do in certain situations is a whole lot different than what Jared Goff and the Detroit Lions will do in those situations.

Mike Tomlin just said this about the Ravens:

1 Like

Suuuuuuure. “pure analytics” isnt even a thing. The ability not to understand how to properly use and think about the math doesnt invalidate the value of the math itself.

1 Like

It’s not?

“I know what the analytics say, but I’m going to weigh all the different factors and decide what to do.”
vs.
“I’m going to do whatever the analytics say.”

Literally nobody does that. It’s not a thing that people actually think or do.

Do you think this helps make your case?

OK, then I’ll stand by the idiocy of a team as offensively offensive as the Lions thinking they can go for it on fourth down at their own 30 in a game they’re leading late in the 4th quarter. Babble more about math.

This. Because even if you turn it over on downs the Viking were going to have a hard time killing the clock from where they were at.

Going for it basically meant you would get a chance to win the game on offense. Punting would have probably been the end of the game and a likely FG victory for the Vikes.

1 Like

Actually… you did… when you cited that “analytics” gave the Lions a very specific 4% better chance to beat the Browns by going for a 4th down with an UDFA that has looked terrible actually trying to play the game (and is certainly more likely to throw an INT than lead a TD drive in the redzone… analytically speaking)… even though an overwhelming amount of the data was gathered when a real starting caliber NFL QB was taking the snaps.

call the midwife GIF by PBS