IM HAPPY SLAY IS GONE HEAR ME OUT!

No, it is not a bad haul. It is also not what we wanted so we can commiserate for awhile but I would just hope these negative posters would stop advancing their narratives because of this trade. It is totally weak-minded and false. Weak sauce. Between Stafford’s injury, no viable back-up and a shit ton of other injuries, as well as hold outs by Slay and Harrison, the Lions under-performed. Cry me a river, (don’t really because we’ve been fording that river for a year while you’ve been crying). I assume we all want a better result.

What I don’t understand is dragging every roster move through the mud to make each and every one of them a cry for replacing the GM.

Diggs had to go. Many liked his efforts. He was, however, injured and was being replaced in the line-up. Because he was a leader, that was not going to go over well. Moving him was the right thing to do.

Slay held out, ran his mouth, this front office was never going to put up with public dealing. Then, he ran his mouth after the Diggs move. Stafford was already injured and we had lost Kerryon. We were basically screwed out of two games by referees. Th season was over essentially. We shopped Slay then. Nobody was willing to pay. I can guarangoddamntee you everyone of these whining posters would have pilloried Quinn for not landing Slay for a seventh round pick from another team in the identical situation claiming he gave too much. So getting a third and a fifth for this assclown was a veritable haul. Give it a rest.

3 Likes

Yeah, no question Quinn will draft Slay’s immediate replacement with that 3rd rounder. Might even trade the 5th to move up and grab someone of Teez Tabor’s talent.

Martha letting BQ conduct another draft is like someone letting Michael Jackson babysit their young children. Irresponsible AF.

And yet, hundreds did leave their children with him. What’s worse is they cried about it and then instead of being charged for abuse themselves, those parents collected a billion dollars from the child molester they knew was a child molester.
You’re one of the worst posters here. Nobody is calling for you to be shut up. The community would be better off without you. I am sure you think you are providing some indispensable pearls of wisdom. You are not. There are posters here that provide the same input without the attacks on posters and the administration. I am sure there is a Lions fan in there. The over the top attacks are just so much noise. I am sure nobody even reads you anymore without shaking their heads, if they even read you at all. Something to think about. Moderate your tone and stop being rude to other posters is all I am saying. I have no standing here. No authority, but I think you are driving others away. If that is not your intent, then maybe you should change your approach.

1 Like

Now go sign Logan.

1 Like

IMHO, Slay’s physical talent was in decline last year, possibly due to injuries but maybe also the wear and tear of playing in the NFL once you hit 30 or thereabouts. Either way, when guys start missing time then the wisdom of giving them a huge new contract extension becomes questionable. From a pure business point of view, you don’t make a guy the highest paid player at his position if there’s reason to believe he ain’t going to be worth it. I think the Lions had a few of those reasons.

Yay! We’re also glad Slay is gone.

Signed,

The rest of the NFC North.

7 Likes

Trufant was the “big money” CB signing. I don’t see another.

If Undlin likes him, once Darby realizes that the market isn’t there for his services, my bet is that Quinn signs him to a “prove it” incentive laden deal based upon playing time.

Done on purpose, look at my name!

In this scenario, you and the other Lions apolgists are the parents. The difference is, you get nothing in return.

Never thought I’d see someone bend over backwards to defend idiot Bob Quinn and a pedo in the same thread. Congrats.

1 Like

Hear today gown tomorrow—lol

1 Like

An, as usual, you didn’t see me support a pedo (reading comprehension)and I criticized the parents in your example, not you. You just attacked a poster (impugned someone’s character) and proved you don’t belong in one post. You couldn’t just make some inane point. You had to degrade the person with whom you’re talking. You are just being a d—. You do it multiple times a day. Living like that must be enjoyable.

2 Likes

You are literally doing the same shit you’re accusing him of.

3 Likes

Yep, Itopher, I am, because it has to be said. You’re welcome to find another thread here where I am doing it. Calling a spade a spade, if you will. I am criticizing him to better the community as a whole, not to point out he is being rude and inhospitable, which everyone can see. I am making one attempt to show him. I won’t make this into a three day name-calling debate. You know I am right and so does he.

1 Like

And, if you would point out where I am supporting a pedophile like he claims, an outright lie, I will apologize to you and him. Point out also, if you would where I lied about his behavior.

Justin Rogers point–these were Slay’s matchups even with the worst pass rush in the NFL:

1 Like

And, for all the moaning about him being an elite corner, I never saw anybody throw away from him. They never avoided him, they just had an easier time going after a worse player. Just saying he wasn’t elite I guess, not that he wasn’t any good.

Steelers CB Joe Haden:

This is just Stupid! All I do is watch wide receiver and corner back tape!!! In my humble opinion slay is top 5 easily. It’s a different world playing PRESS on a teams #1 wideout each week. BAG MAN!!!

1 Like

I love Slay to death as a player and I am sad to see him go. Can’t really see any other option but to part ways given the circumstances though.

2 Likes

What does this guy know? I’m sure the overweight middle age men on this messageboard know better.

3 Likes

Phew! :+1: