I'm ready to lie to myself again

Monte was one of our better coaches from what I remember.

Clark was 43-61 from ‘78 to ‘84

Wayne Fontes…most wins in Lions history, and most losses. LOL

3 Likes

See…:cry::cry:

3 Likes

80s and 90s you mean. And I WILL NOT have you besmirch the good name of Wayne Fontes, sir! If theres a Mount Rushmore of Modern era Lions coaches, it consists of his beautiful mug 4 times.

2 Likes

OK….Fontes holds 2 distinct records.

Most wins 66
Most losses 67
Most games coached as Lions Head Coach 133

Odd that he was a win or lose coach having NO tie games.
Not my favorite Lions coach. At all. Far from it. Probably my least favorite Lions Head Coach. Looking like Fred Flintstone didn’t help.

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

1 Like

It would be great if the Lions go undefeated in pre-season, but then again maybe not.

Joe Schmidt!!!

I remember Joe Schmidt a little bit. I remember Russ Thomas, too. Everyone hated him. Tightwad would treat players like shit and didn’t want to pay them.

Hated Quin and Fat Matt. Getting rid of my favorite players, the total lack of talent the roster had after their destruction of it. It was as bad as the Millen years, except they didn’t get to hang around as long.

This Staff, their drafting and energy is night and day compared to the last regime. Im excited for the season for the 1st time in years.

3 Likes

MATT MILLEN?!?

Yeah, Millen was an asshole, but he wasn’t a head coach.

The Millen comparisons are about the complete roster destruction and lack of talent on the team.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.