I'm ready to lie to myself again

The Matt Patricia era almost broke me guys.

I don’t know if this regime ever figures it out but I think they have a chance and I like them.

That’s all I need to start drinking the Kool Aid again

23 Likes

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

21 Likes

I’m right there with you. That last year of Patricia was the first time in my life I chose to do other things on Sunday’s instead of watching the Lions. I couldn’t stand the team that year. By the end of the season I had given up. I would have rather watched the 0-16 season again (I watched every minute of that season).

I like this staff a lot.

8 Likes

The Simpsons Reaction GIF

9 Likes

The darkest days of my long Lions fandom. I think that’s why the hype for MCDC is so fanatically high.

The coaches and the drafting are far from perfect, but lightyears ahead of that old regime. I’ve been pretty accurate my last couple decades of Lionsdom and I feel like this is an 8ish win team this year and a playoff team next year. We should be ecstatic about that.

I’m surprised at how hard hitting the practices are and I’m sure Campbell’s rah-rah will wear off a bit on guys once we get to year-3 but by then, a real foundation will exist. I expect our pass defense and running offense to both be more efficient this year.

And I expect 3 exciting wins off of “one ass cheek and 3 toes.”

3 Likes

Missed ya brother, hope all is good in Texas! Drink up!!!
Episode 1 Nbc GIF by The Office

1 Like

I’m with you on lines 1 and 2.
I’m enjoying the ride and appreciate how hard the guys played for them last year, but the roster is still a work in progress and the building blocks are still suspect at this point. We have a 1st round pick that we’re not going to see on the field until mid-season or later. We have a 2nd round pick this year that might not see the field for some time either. Then the curious case of the oft-injured interior defender from last year that keeps getting blown off the ball and can’t seem to get or stay healthy. My LBs and RBs are suspect. I’m a ways from drinking Kool Aid with this roster. Quite a ways.

For the love of all things Lions, we need to permaban anyone who suggests trading into the 2nd round, regardless of how many beans they get. (sorry, that was a tangent, but it’s reflective of how far away from chugging Kool Aid that I am)

Great to have you man. This may not be “the year,” but this is THE STAFF!

1 Like

After watching hard knocks…

Trailer Park Boys Beer GIF by hero0fwar

8 Likes

The Bob Quinn / Patricia era did break me. I stopped watching NFL for the most part and when I would watch a little it was whatever was on my TV in Georgia. You guys talk about things from the Quinn era and I have no idea what you’re even talking about. Honestly, it was a mix of the Quinn firing and the Stafford trade that brought back my interest. Never stopped bleeding the colors but took a bit of a sabbatical.

4 Likes

Hey Wrath! Good to wee you again! Welcome back, sucker!

2 Likes

Wrath is one of us. Good to see you back.

Must love pain, disappointment and hunger. But Hey! Its a new regime!

Yeah, I’ve fully bought in also…

5 Likes

Trailer Park Boys Beer GIF by hero0fwar

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure Kool Aid is a drug because for the last 20 years I can’t stop drinking it.

3 Likes

I toughed it out through Patricia, but it was definitely painful. I stopped watching for over a decade when Barry retired, but I started watching again the season after 0-16. I like where we are headed now and had lot of fun at Family Fest last weekend.

4 Likes

That combo of sugar, vodka and blue food coloring. What a rush!!!

2 Likes

Wb Wrath post more often brohammer.

2 Likes

Trap Door GIF by jjjjjohn

3 Likes

You guys probably wouldn’t have made it through the ‘70’s and ‘80’s if you think that Patricia was bad. I mean yeah, he was bad, but was he any worse than:
Monte Clark
Daryl Rogers
Marty Mornhinweg
Marinelli
Wayne Fontes

1 Like