In other news, Jimmy Haslem is a moron. Again. JEUDY GETS 3/$58M

Here is my article summary

Convicted chisler Brown’s owner continues to not learn lesson, overpays crappy borderline number two or three receiver like he’s Randy Moss

2 Likes

Has the same agent as Chase Daniels I assume?

1 Like

This contract baffles me. Jeudy has been a disappointment in the NFL so far, hell not even Sean Payton’s offense can save this dude. Same franchise that gave Watson that idiot contract tho right? They are clueless man.

1 Like

Yup, and they believe the QB will come back as a hero and throw to this guy.

Sometimes other teams just make Brad Holmes more loveable by default.

1 Like

I think the title is wrong.

The executive vice president of football operations and GM of the Browns is 36 year old Andrew Berry, who graduated from Harvard with a bachelor’s degree in economics and a master’s degree in computer science. At the time of hire, Berry was the youngest GM in NFL history at the time at age 32. He’s one of those Moneyball analytics guys.

Since Berry has taken over, the Browns haven’t added much talent through the draft:

Most of his picks are with the team, but qualify as Meh. The Browns have been winning mostly with the players drafted by his predecessors and through trades.

In any event, GM Berry is responsible for this ridiculous move. To say otherwise is like blaming Sheila Hamp for who the Lions signed as FAs.

Oh, you mean the guy sitting in out front office? :laughing: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

Phunniest thing about them trading for Watson…
giving up 3 picks in the 1st round…
and giving him a ridiculous contract….

is that Baker Mayfield has played better than Watson in the past 3 years.

Baker won a playoff game running Stefanski’s offense…
with Jarvis Landry and Rashard Higgins as his most targeted WRs.

3 Likes

well if joke of a WR like Jeudy is getting that then Amon’s deal he is going to get is gonna be a absolute steal

1 Like

Im sure Jimmy doesnt have any say or final review on contracts, being that its his money and he loves money enough to cheat his driver customers out of tens of millions.

Now, can he just be Ultimately Stupid, and just say Ok whatever, spend $230 Million on a negative lightning rod pervert who hasnt played in 18 months and $58m more on a crybaby underperformer whose track record is about as meh as baked chicken?

Sure. But Im not blaming DD for Mr. I throwing $191 million at Prince Fielder either.

Or his son paying that ungodly deal to Baez

Disgusted Steve Carell GIF

To be fair, it was market rate or a touch below, really, when co pared to the other 4 SS in that FA class.

Seager and Semien have raked, Story has been hurt but productive when healthy and Correa, while overrated, hasn’t sucked. Baez’s approach is so all or nothing and its just not comceivable he would crap out so badly so fast

6 years 140 mil for a guy who struck out 184 times

Only 2 guys with less plate appearances struck out more in a season(Chris Davis and Joey Gallo)

He struck out on 33.6% of his plate apperances that year

For a fun comparison Placido Polanco in 7 seasons before coming to detroit struck out 216 total and only 162 times in his 5 seasons in detroit

More Polanco fun-

He is the only player in MLB history to lead 2 positions in career fielding percentage. (2b and 3b)

3 Likes

I was a big Placido Polanco fan. That guy was a professional hitter.

1 Like