Interesting Lions narratives in advance of the Super Bowl

I was really looking forward to the game, but unfortunately we already know who wins!

Hopefully it’s an entertaining finish, based on the score it should be, lol

Bengals win superbowl

1 Like

Oh please, stop. That is a silly game to play. Number 18 for the rams dropped a sure td on his hands…if you really want to play that game…and no INT guarantees points as a result. People have said for years had the refs not screwed the lions against Dallas they would have won, but there was 7 minutes left and we don’t know what the future holds…same with that play.

requesting PTO from myself is always a bitch. :rofl:

2 Likes

True, but the refs completely screwed over the Bucs in their game.

Stafford clearly kicks Suh, Suh gets the 15 yard penalty.
Miller clearly spears Brady up high, Brady gets the 15 yard penalty (only one in his career).

1 Like

Yep have a similar boss, although leaving at 4am for Miami and getting back to Lakeland at 10pm was an asshole idea…but the stop at the brewery in N Miami was fucking brilliant.

Now, how do I expense the $250 in beer, my accountant knows how.

1 Like

I think you would find a lot of people who would say he didn’t kick him. Those two plays did not cost the Bucs the game.

You could argue that the ref didn’t see it. You could argue it wasn’t on purpose. I’ve not heard anyone argue it didn’t happen.

“NFL didn’t want Brady in the Super Bowl.”

I’ve heard it all.

1 Like

Oh, so Tartt was paid off to make sure the Rams won? Someone slicked the ball mid-air? What? If you’re going to make one of the dumbest comments in the history of this forum, at least explain it.

Otherwise, I’ll have what you’re having.

Relatedly, I’ve also noticed people like you casually leave out the multiple dropped touchdown passes by the Rams in that game.

Because so far, your argument is …

• NFL didn’t want its highest-grossing star of all time in the Super Bowl against its budding up-and-comer with easily the greatest storyline in Super Bowl history
  • LA humiliating TB before it decided to turn the ball over multiple times was all part of the GRAND PLAN — (so what was it? Was it the two penalties that led to 28 LA points? Did the league force the Rams to turn the ball over 4 times to make it competitive? Was Stafford’s last second, impossible throw to Kupp actually animatronic? Was the winning field goal by the Rams—in which Tampa Bay was off-sides by A MILE—supposed to be blocked? MAKE THIS MAKE SENSE. You’re embarrassing yourself.)
  • San Fran’s DB paid off to drop an interception. (Again, is that what you’re suggesting?)

But seriously, why do you leave out the dropped TDs? Or are you so blindly in love with you anti-Stafford narrative, you make inane comments and shrug off common sense and logic?

Because he’s in the Super Bowl.

And the Lions aren’t.

And that isn’t his fault.

And if you’re actually a fan of the Lions, maybe start there with how angry you are about the Super Bowl.

1 Like

LOL, not only that, but in Detroit Stafford was supposed to overcome EVERYTHING, now suddenly Brady doesn’t have to, refs cheated Brady, in SF, Stafford leads yet ANOTHER 4th qtr comeback, but no he was throwing the game away, his WRs dropped 2 tds, oh, and Ramseys dropped int, is also forgotten.

Staffords almost int occurred with 9:42 to play, down 3. The D gets a stop, and Stafford leads another comeback win, is still the most likely outcome.

The least surprising though, Lions had a HOF caliber QB and lions fans still want to blame the QB, comical

1 Like

I agree with this. Unfortunately though, Stafford isn’t the only talented player to waste away in this Lions den of despair. Sanders,(probably the most heartbreaking) Sims, Johnson, even going back to Barney(Len), Bubba Baker, Karras, Dick LaBeau and many more. They all gave their best for years. Many for their whole careers. Not many were given even a sniff at any kind of redemption. (Some may have. I didn’t look it up. I get lazy sometimes)Stafford for over a decade and even Ashawn Robinson who toiled away in Lions land for what, 4 years? (I did look that up. HA!)If they can win this championship, it will bring some feel good to most Lions fans. We cheered for him for a long time and it would just seem rather petty to stop pulling for him and vindictive to hope he fails. Not only because he was a part of the Detroit Lions but because he(they) was(were)able to get what many couldn’t. I’m pulling for them, just like I would have for the rest if they had gotten the chance, but admittedly maybe not as hard as if it was the actual Lions. But as we say as Lions fans: wait till NEXT year.

1 Like

You guys get your Detroit Rams t-shirts yet, then?

It would be awesome if the whole Den was wearing them on Sunday!

Martin Mayhew is GM if the Commanders, just saying.

1 Like

Nope, my lions Stafford jersey will do just fine

2 Likes

I’m guessing they refuse to wear their Barry jersey because he quit on his team. Just like Calvin. Right?

Quitters who won nothing. Just losers. Quitting losers. Both of them.

Oh.

Oh wait.

You mean it’s different because the organization actually granted Stafford’s wish?

The failure of the Stafford-hate is so easy to pick apart and laugh at.

2 Likes

It is, I truly don’t get it. The guy played his guts out, donated millions to Detroit, still does, and loves the city and fans.

Yet some will root for a 2nd yr QB, that’s done Jack squat for Detroit or it’s fans,

2 Likes

I have a love/hate relationship with Stafford when he was a Lion, 12 years is a long time for sure. The ups and downs were so many…But…

With that said, I’m cheering for him on Sunday to win the super bowl, he deserves it after the hell he went through with the Lions and we went through the same as fans.

My advice would be to stop taking the bait Nate! They are sucking you in with posts like that and they get you fired up. Never let the haters get to you.

And Go Stafford! Hope he wins it all!

But, if not, credit to the Simpsons for predicting the future.

Regardless of what happens, the haters will hate. I prefer truth tellers and even if Stafford loses, he had an amazing season and so did Burrow!

2 Likes