Ireland to interview for Chargers GM job

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1744810309494124961?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Something to keep an eye on, as Lions DC Aaron Glenn, who overlapped with Ireland in New Orleans, is also set to interview for the Chargers Head Coach vacancy.

1 Like

after having a defensive coach in his first HC role fail…

I would be shocked if the Chargers don’t hire an offensive coach….

though an established HC with a defensive background like Brabel or Belichick would be as surprising to me.

1 Like

Wonder if Scot Land will also get an interview.

1 Like

With a new General Manager, I doubt that there will be the same ying for yang knee-jerk. Both sides of the ball leave a lot to be desired. I think it’s a lot more open than people think, as to the background of the Head Coach.

Ownership should have a long memory. And for the Chargers the recent glory days were when they had Norv Turner and Marty Schottenheimer. They have had 3 straight first time head coaches. If I were them I would be looking for someone with experience, even if it was a guy with just a run as an interim coach.

1 Like

Fair assessment, if you’re discussing passionate owners that are deeply committed to enhancing the product on the field. Unfortunately, we’re talking about the Spanos family, and the total sense you get from that organization is they are the cheapskate that inherited a club membership. You can go all the way back to Bobby Ross, and what all those coaches have in common is they came relatively cheap.

I don’t expect that variable to change.

Norv Turner and Marty Schottenheimer came after Bobby Ross. That’s the exact type of coach I think they need to go get.

1 Like

I definitely agree that is the type of coach they should go get. Their interview list begs to differ, thus far, and looks like modus operandi.

I think his best work was Take My Breath Away, but Flashdance is a close second

My initial reaction to this thread title was, “at least she’s got some football experience.”

IMG_8691

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 32 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.