Is Goff Going to Have a Good Game vs the Rams?

If we win this one game this season, I’ll be happy. 1-16, I don’t care. Just this game. Let’s go Goff, allow us to show you some love.
75% taking the Rams - 15.
No one giving the Lions a shot.
Upset of the year? You just never know.

1 Like

I agree. Stafford is going to have a good game.
Goff looking average? For Goff or for other NFL Quarterbacks? He hasn’t done anything up to now and I don’t see that changing for this game.
I don’t see any Lion having a good game. Well, except Fox. He’ll continue to impress.

1 Like

Not sure about zero wins but we would still be last in the division is my guess and still suck….just not suck as much with Stafford.

Nope.

I think he will go in more aggressive in this game and hope it doesn’t come back to bite him. But this LA defense will overpower an injured OL and their secondary will handle WR’s that, in all likelihood, are running poor routes and more.
Not gonna be pretty.

It’s possible, of course a lot of things would have to fall into place

It’s a shame how these first 6 games have unfolded, one has to wonder “for the love of God, can anything else possibly go wrong”

I’m usually upbeat (you can be a fountain or a drain) but I’m hard pressed to see how Aaron Donald is not going to utterly wreck this game.

I’m hoping JG comes out swinging and lets see where it goes

1 Like

The amount of this that Lions fans have endured over the decades (literally) is not believable. Insane.

1 Like

The longevity is deflating, I gotta hand it to you guys for maintaining a fairly toxic free site considering all the heartache you’ve persevered through

I’ll tell you this though, when your moment of glory comes, hopefully sooner than later, you will definitely be America’s Team for that year, sorta like the Cubs a few years ago.

I’m rooting for your guys, ever since Wayne Fontes honestly, from afar he was an easy guy to root for, of course you may have a more accurate perspective

2 Likes

Would it matter?

2 Likes

Appreciate you, man! Can’t wait for Dan to get it righted for us.
I think him and Brad can do it.

Stafford was my favorite player, so I didn’t want him gone. Having said that I am not sure we would even have one win with Stafford this year given the following:

1. We have had terrible luck. Given this same luck not sure how a QB change translates to a W. If we were lucky we’d have a couple wins right now.
  2. This team has an all new offense with very inexperienced WRs. Any QB would struggle with this. Add in our offensive line issues and significant turnover at WR due to injuries and it just is not a good scenario for a QB right now.
  3. Given the issues with this team Goff’s strengths probably match this team better than Stafford. Goff is more accurate on short to intermediate passes. Just not sure how having a strong armed QB with no competent deep threat WRs would work better. I know Goff has looked a bit erratic at times, but that will happen when you have WRs running to the wrong place (as has been documented).

In this fictional world you want to create…how many wins do you think Stafford would have with this team overall?

I think Stafford will take revenge today, Goff took his job at Lions, he can’t forgive him for that.
:grin:

2 Likes

This is the only way we have a chance at containing Donald.

2 Likes

49-10 rams

Stafford throws 5 tds, 4 of them in the first half.

Goff pads stats late in the game but talk of benching him intensifies.

MCDC is out of ideas after the game and his lionization process continues.

Fans that are angry begin to turn apathetic joining the rest of us who are already there.

Fans start to look at 2022 mock nfl drafts and are sad to see there are no legit #1 picks in the draft (qb or otherwise) and that nauseous feeling intensifies.

No end in sight for anyone with loyalty.

So yes, Stafford is going to have a career afternoon today.

Unfortunately, I think the Lions will get beat like rented mules today. You could put Johnny Unitas at QB and you couldn’t save this train wreck season, let alone win a game!