Is it cliche that I think Jamo will have his breakout game tomorrow?

This isn’t just some fanboy feeling, I really think with the attention Sun God will likely get from Sauce Gardner the top will open up at least a few times for Williams. I can see at least 3-4 deep shot attempts for him.

7 Likes

Only if MCDC decides to take the handcuffs off of him and let the guy play.

4 Likes

With today’s roster moves, I see this more as happening

4 Likes

I think Jamo/Chark will be used more as decoys this game. The Jets want to shut down the outsides and force us into the middle. Goff/Lions are more than happy to do that. They will take 4 yard runs and 8 yard passes all day long.

I could see Goff with a 17/25 140 yard 1 TD type of day. Just keep the chains moving. Don’t turn it over. Win.

4 Likes

Jamo is going to sauce Gardner tomorrow!!

5 Likes

This was spoken by a man who is apparently in my head.

Jamo has the next decade to punish NFL defenses. All I need from him tomorrow is to take attention away from others.

I don’t need anything pretty. I don’t care if they run it 70 times and throw it 10. If it’s working keep at it, stay disciplined and win. Could be the ugliest game I’ve ever seen in my life as long as the books say W.

4 Likes

Sauce plays exclusively on the outside….
so he will rarely cover ASB.

The chess match will be focused on how Ben Johnson can get Jamo and Chark away from Sauce. For example… Sauce didn’t follow Stefon Diggs all over the field.

3 Likes

I haven’t done the research myself but one of the reporters asked Ben about the fact that Sauce plays a majority of his snaps on one particular side of the field, and whether he would just avoid that entire side of the field. Ben laughed and paused like he’s got something up his sleeve but also see’s it as a real challenge.

2 Likes

And to be honest, no one can cover St. Brown in motion and in the slot. Open 24/7! His nickname should be 7/11

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s cliche, but if there’s a perfect storm he could really open up a can of worms. I just hope the coaches are thinking outside the box.

3 Likes

Part of the Jets plan to shut down the outside is to pressure Goff before the deep routes have time to develop. Gonna have to see how our Oline handles their pass rush.

2 Likes

The only way Jamo has a “breakout game” tommorow is if the Jets change their entire defense to deal with Amon-Ra. If they don’t, Amon-Ra is going to be our target on every passing down. What he does well is what the Jets sacrifice on defense to do other things.

7 Likes

could you sneak Jamo in slot for a couple of plays to take the deep shots …

1 Like

I just did a quick film study to see where Sauce lines up and how the Jets tend to play their defense. Sauce seems to line up on the offenses right side a majority of the time. As some here have said, they seem to dare you to throw it inside, which is something we have no problem doing. One challenge with Sauce in particular is that when he is in man, he seems to be able to disrupt just about anybody. And when he is in zone and is playing off coverage to avoid the big play, he is still able to drive on the ball and make a play if you try to get it to the outside in front of him. And from a team perspective, if you run the kind of route it takes to beat Sauce down the field…it takes too long and the QB doesn’t have that kind of time.

A nightmare matchup for how the Jets play defense would be Mr. Superslant himself…Michael Thomas. When he and Drew were clicking and running 12 slants a game, that would bother this team and Sauce isn’t necessarily the best at guarding that route or the type of receiver Thomas is. George Pickens for instance was able to get easy yards with the slant and boxing out Sauce but anything deep or to the outside was tuff sledding.

I’ve often thought that with a corner that plays a side instead of traveling with a particular assignment, a good strategy is to throw different guys at him and force him to run with them…over and over again. Make him run down field with Kalif Raymond 20 times. Tire his ass out. Then hit him with the hulk!

10 Likes

Great post Wes… I mean @Mr.Peabody!! ha ha

4 Likes

I saw that too. He made sure that he didn’t cough up any clues of what he had planned, but it was clear that he’s got something devised for Sauce.

3 Likes

Nfl Touchdown GIF by The Undroppables

I think it’s time for a big Swift game. Typically when I start thinking he’s a bum he has a big game. Seems to be a potential vulnerability for the Jets’ pass defense. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

good post @Mr.Peabody ….

I expect to see a lot of tight splits… possibly even to help chip on their wide 9 DEs in passing situations…. but mostly to feature some high to low route combos in the middle of field…. which of course will work much better if the run game is working inside.

Speaking of run game… I think we’ll see more of the “iso” runs McCown highlighted… but it may be helpful to work in some traps and wham concepts to take advantage of their Dline working to get upfield quickly.

It would also be nice to work in some screens against their rush…

This strategy is a proven success against young CB’s who play outside. Just line a burner up against him every play and have him run hard off the line. When you have multiple speedsters it becomes much easier as you can mix them in to keep them fresh. It won’t take long before he’s gassed and the DC will start playing a soft zone which will open up routes underneath for St. Brown.

3 Likes