Is it too early to talk 2022 Draft?

Who spends half the game on the oxygen tank.

2 Likes

You’ve piqued my curiosity. Which QBs are available in 2023?

Honestly, the lions aren’t probably looking at qbs this year. They don’t need a DT….they won’t take rb unless it’s late. It’s Aiden, Kyle Hamilton if it’s a trade down it could even be LEAL from Texas A&M.

I wouldn’t mind that kid from Arkansas BURkes

1 Like

Malik wilis and matt corral. either are good. evan neal leaves matt corral as a viable choice. name a quarterback that evan neal, pennei sewell, taylor decker, vatai, and ragnow couldnt protect

1 Like

Is that the case though? I’ve heard the opposite. That he isn’t a generational talent. He is very good but there is no generational talent in this draft……will Anderson next year for sure, but not this draft.

For our sake it would be nice if he was to assist in the trade down……but if he isn’t then there might not be a push to go get him.

1 Like

aiden hutchinson, if he does lead michigan to a national championship, will be a great number one pick. however is mac jones a generational talent? would jordan davis wreak havoc against new englands blocking schemes? Malik Willis is my must have in this draft. i wanted isaih simmons and let my best inclinations pass on that scheme. I had a must have in najee harris and i watched him not be our pick. i know that he went below sewell and im fairly confident in sewell. Look at players like jeff backus. i know he wasnt a perenial all pro but he played a number of years in health. staying healthy is a good part of football. i want hutchinson and willis. trading the number one over all for multiple picks would be great depending on the package. you have a great view on football. i dont want a number one overall fire sale. im set with hutchinson. keep him hungry. i dont know much about the second round but a coverage safety and off the ball linebacker would be my premium upgrades. We dont need best available in the second round. those two picks would greatly upgrade the lions defense. im hoping for a wish list package on the trade. Again, i respect your opinions as being based on Great football knowledge. Ty. Everyone.

1 Like

I agree with that @jasonszewc33, right down to wanting to pick Willis (in rd2). I like do-it-all LB Devin Lloyd and beast-mode WR Treylon Burkes too. Getting them both in R1 is possible.

Steve McNair???

Saturday Night Live Nbc GIF

1 Like

So even posters who want a QB are saying 2 or 3 names .they can’t even decide on one …I doubt Lions select a QB this draft…unless one falls to below 4th rd…Goff an i am not a fan can handle it next year an maybe wins the position going forward if not we have 2 number rd1 picks in 2023 an IMO a better selection of QBs

Of course, what the article doesn’t take into account is the Texans trying to also save money on the unearned incentives in his contract:

his downside is too great of a risk IMHO. This is not Lamar Jackson we are talking about or even Trey Lance. This is a kid who resembles those kind of players in some facets of his game but is by no means anywhere close polished enough to be taken with a high pick by a team so desperate to hit on their blue chip picks over the next few seasons. The risk also doesn’t make sense when 2023 draft will have names like Bryce Young and possibly Stroud from Ohio State. Those two players will be better pros then Willis at this point. I would be absolutely stunned if they took Willis. People i trust believe they won’t be taking a qb this year at all and are going to try to continue to fill out this roster and see how Goff does with better coaching and supporting cast next season and look at a qb next year if necessary. If they do look at QB, i have heard both they and the steelers are very interested in Pickett. The people I trust and talk to also were saying the Lions were sold on Jeff Okudah in Jan before his draft and Sewell long before his draft…so i trust they have a finger on the pulse of lions thinking much more then a dude like me.

I am all aboard the Hutchinson train.