Is it too early to talk 2022 Draft?

Now that we’re only 6 or so weeks from this season ending. I wonder what you folks think we should do in 2022 draft. I visit https://thedraftnetwork.com/ at least twice a week so I’m feeling armchair GM confident.

So, I’ll ante up to this poker game by saying some controversial shiznick like:
If we trade out of #1, we can end up with 3 first round pix and 2 second round pix. Then get:

Rd1:
DT Jordan Davis - Georgia - to replace Brockers and help Alim
LB Devin Lloyd - Utah - because we run a 3-4 and a do-all LB like him can rush and cover
WR Treylon Burkes - Arkansas - cuz 6’3" 225 fast with good hands

Rd2:
QB Malik Wills - Liberty - to develop for a whole year before he takes team over in 2023
WR John Metchie - Alabama - because why not two actual receivers on the team.

Then my favorite 7th rounder or UDFA is RB Tyler Allgeier. Not because of 1400 yds rushing and 20 TDs, but because of this attitude! https://youtu.be/2dlhxiZgSY4

It is NEVER to early to talk draft when your a Lions fan. IMO, unless it is the next Ndamukong Suh, you take one of the edge guys at the top of the draft.

6 Likes

Hey we can pretty much count on draft talk by Thanksgiving yearly.

3 Likes

Would you care to share how you acquiring these extra picks? You said trades, can you say with whom and for what?

Are you trading out of 1OA for 10 plus another first and a second?

That was my immediate reaction to the OP.

1 Like

Not to early when you’re almost guaranteed the #1 pick. And seeing how there is no consensus number 1 guy, trading out of it is highly improbable.
So it looks like Hutch vs Thibs.
I like, and think most here agree, that Hutch is a solid pick.
Let’s just hope he is. Cause Thibs ceiling is higher.

1 Like

I know it sounds terrible, but I was thinking about the draft before the season even started. We knew this year was a wash with the roster they had, and with what I knew was a likely top 5 pick, plus the Rams pick it is about the only thing I have to look forward to with the Lions at this point.

3 Likes

Too early?

People here are discussing potential trade-downs for 2023

3 Likes

I see KT being like Parsons level impact…yet he is bigger

Check out Chris spielmans nephew…this kid is gonna be a steal in the draft…

WR JD Spielman

Perfect slot wr…he is also a lacrosse star…good RAC

Good height to weight ratio…

Hope lions are smart…this guy is quick and also runs a 4.45

Projected UDFA

EDIT: well…the kid retired because of injuries. What a shame.

Is it too early to talk about the 2023 draft?

5 Likes

Probably not, in fact I’ve seen plenty of talk about QB’s available in 2023. This would be completely foreign to fans of most teams, but here is commonplace.

3 Likes

Yeah, I do about 1-2 a week for fun. Its getting a little monotonous though. Its almost like you exhaust yourself too early when you start thinking about the draft in October LOL.

And 146 days from the draft.
And 282 days from our next meaningful game.

1 Like

If they take a DT with their 1st pick, whatever number it is, I’m out.

1 Like

We will probably spend a 3rd rounder on him. Remember when Mayhew did that to help his buddies kid Alex Carter?

2 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

When you look at the Georgia dt; his combination of size and athleticism, I’m surprised he doesn’t get talked about as a top of the draft pick. I don’t get to watch Georgia, but on paper, he seems a rare prospect?

Normally I agree, but there’s such a buzz around KT being a “generational talent” that I think there’d be big-time buyers for our the #1 overall.

Plus half the generational talent rushers that have come into the league turn out to be Jadeveon Clowney (38.5 sacks in 8 seasons) or Courtney Brown (zero in 2 seasons before injuries forced retirement).

So, I’d trade for safer needed bets. I bet we could get two of Philly’s 1st round pix for our #1 overall and turn those into better foundational bets like the immovable Jordan Davis at DT and an LB like Devin Lloyd who rushes and covers (100 tackles, 7 sacks, 3 pix and 1 defensive TD this year).

1 Like

im thinking evan neal, neal, decker, sewell, ragnow,and vatai would be a team up. it the eagles are very serious we should consider a trade. i just dont thing a defensive end is going to shore up that defense. im absolutely in love with neal davis and malik willis. the consesus being a hutchinson olave draft. extra seconds could capture haskins for a pick swap. three first rounds and a second will probally be the offer i would be looking for. i would have to miss out on neal. if devon lloyd is available. our need at linebacker and free safety are obvious. its like having people doing nothing. barnes is exposed with no free safety help. cb isnt really a concern the past few games.

1 Like

Yes. im sure about Jordan Davis, and Evan Neal. and devin lloyd would help so much. im sure about haskins. we need backs on the deep side who resist injury have stamina and can get a fourth and one.

1 Like